top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Say What? Credit Counciling and Repayment plan with Chapter 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say What? Credit Counciling and Repayment plan with Chapter 7?

I am going through my Pro Se filing checklist for Chapter 7 in Michigan Western district and the checklist states "Certificate of Credit Counseling and Debt Repayment Plan is required for filing...

Is this a typo? My Credit Counseling certificate specifically states that they did now prepare a debt repayment plan.

Yelp!
    Filed Aug 25 2010 - 341 Oct. 13 2010 Discharged!!!!!

That's ok. Relax. The pre-filing credit counseling service sometimes do not prepare a debt repayment plan and should state so clearly on the certificate. As long as you have the certificate stating this from an approved UST provider, then you are in compliance.
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

As ccsjoe said, you're fine. When I did my credit counseling, they didn't do a debt management plan on mine either - and had that clearly indicated on the certificate. As long as you have the certificate showing you completed the credit counseling prior to filing and they can see on there that there was no debt management plan done by the company, that is all they are looking for.
      Filed: 6/30/2010
      341: 7/26/2010
      Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X