Schedule J question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedule J question

Do I list each credit card payment I make each month on schedule J? Also did anyone else get overwhelmed with filling out the paper work? I can't find a few pay stubs and a couple of other little things that are making paperwork quite stressful.

It's my understanding that Schedule J is 'Living Expenses' only. Your credit card debt will no longer be a factor.

Have you spoken to a lawyer yet?

Comment

Credit card payments do not get listed on the schedule J. The schedule J is strictly for monthly living expenses that will include the obvious like mortgage and electric to the not so obvious such as life insurance and pet care. Even if you don't pay for an item every month you will break it down to a monthly cost. An example of this is my life insurance premiums. I pay about $250 once a year for my policy. To get to a monthly cost you divide $250 by 12 and a monthly cost would be $20.84.
      Chapter 7 filed December 11, 2009, 341 Meeting held on January 7, 2010
      Deadline to File a Complaint: March 8, 2010

Discharged and Closed March 11, 2010

Comment

no cc payment

Hi ledrums,

if you are filing BK I hope you are not paying cc's !! Once you decide to file stop paying cc's immediately, and any other debt except for secured property you plan to keep through the BK. Otherwise you are just throwing cash away.
        Save this $$ to build your post-BK life.

Yeah, I sympathize with the paperwork. There is a highly recommended self-help book out there, known on the forum as "NOLO" Go to www.nolo.com

Hang in there, search the forum, ask questions, you will get there,

Tom in Colo
        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Hi ledrums.

It sounds like you're working on doing the paperwork yourself. I did my Chapter 7 paperwork on my own and have filed. I have a simple case, without assets, and I'm unemployed and under the median so it wasn't too bad.

Still, I know what you mean about it being stressful. What I did was to do the paperwork little by little. One week I worked on assembling or requesting all pay stubs for the last six months and organized them into one place. Then I figured out how I would get copies of my account statements since those, too, were required. Then I started doing the paperwork, little by little. I started out with the forms that were easy for me (I had an earlier Chapter 13 filing so a number of forms were filled out exactly the same or could be redone with minimal edits) and got these out of the way. Then, last I began working on the ones that were more of a pain in the a**. :] I ended up doing some forms two to three times to make them look good and as I figured out whether I needed continuation pages and references to them on the originating page. But it was doing all this over a period of weeks that made it work for me. I also would record my questions on particular forms and throw them out here if I couldn't get the answers by other research in advance of my own deadline for completion and little by little to make that part manageable for me as well.

Hope that helps.
          11/2008 - Filed Chapter 13
          02/2010 - Chapter 13 dismissed
          08/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 pro se in new district
          09/2010 - Chapter 7 341

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X