Order from Judge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order from Judge

I got one of these as well right after I saw the report of no distribution from the trustee.

From what I've been told, it's just a routine order on the path to discharge.
    Filed: 6/30/2010
    341: 7/26/2010
    Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

judge order is good news

Hi Topcat,

This is good news, means what it says: There is no reason for dismissal and they don't need any more documents from you. It leaves it open for someone to file a motion or request more documents from you b/c you are still in the 60 day post 341 period. But since you have the trustee report of no distribution you are home-free......Yay!!

Tom in Colo
      Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

If you got a report of "No distribution" then it means good news..if you didn't then it does not...

It means that you do not need to submit documents to avoid a automatic dismissal..but the trustee still has the right to ask for documents from you..and that the case is not subject to a automatic dismissal...It means that if documents are asked for and you don't supply them it doesn't mean your case will be dismissed...

Comment

If you break it down section by section..then you understand better what it says..

Comment

This is 521(i)(1)

(i)

(1) Subject to paragraphs (2) and (4) and notwithstanding section 707(a), if an individual debtor in a voluntary case under chapter 7 or 13 fails to file all of the information required under subsection (a)(1) within 45 days after the date of the filing of the petition, the case shall be automatically dismissed effective on the 46th day after the date of the filing of the petition.

The Judge is saying your case DOES NOT qualify for a automatic dismissal...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X