Bank Statements to Trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank Statements to Trustee

I got my paperwork today, our 341 is 9/13...I'm so nervous. I know everyone says its a breeze but I about had an anxiety attack today just thinking about it.

I was going over the paperwork that the Trustee is requiring...my attorney has everything except the most recent pay stubs and my bank statements. The paperwork did not give a date range of the bank statements, I know it needs to include my filing date (Aug 19).

Do I do all of August? August 19 - the end of the month/beginning of Sept? I don't want to look like I'm hiding something (I'm not..) but I don't want to give TOO much information and be opened up to a million questions.

I don't get monthly statements (I'm paperless) so I just have to enter the dates on line and print it out.

Also, on your bank statements do you write explanations for what the expenses are or just wait to see if you are questioned on them? (I have checks written for daycare)

Thanks for all your help!

Each district may be different, but for my 341 I am just bringing the bank statment for July, which includes my filing date. I still get paper statements for each month. I don't plan on writing any explanations on the statement. I will also bring pay stubs that include my filing date. If the trustee wants receipts or more details, I can provide that if needed. Hope this helps.
    Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
    341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
    Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

Calm down. Bring the bank statements that were requested, the ones that cover the filing period. I get paperless as well, however banks still produce paperless statements that you can download. Just do this for the one that covers the filing date.

You will be asked they have questions about expenses. Bank statements will usually also include a copy of the checks written during the period, so that would negate your need for receipts if you paid with checks.
      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
      AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

you can go in and get a date balance. When I got on food stamps I went in with a paper that requested the balanced on the 1th of 3 months before I applied, they gave the balance on those dates.
        Funny thing was my check comes in on the 3rd so that was easy.

Comment

Filed Ch-7 July 9, 2010 / 341 August 10, 2010 / 60 Day Club Now

Comment

I printed mine off the bank website the day I filed, so I can prove exactly what was in my account that day. I can also bring the statement from the end of the month in case the trustee wants the official one. I am a "cover your bases" kind of neurotic filer.
            I am not an attorney. I am just a fellow passenger on a sinking ship. Anything posted above is my opinion or best guess, and nothing more.

Comment

Do the trustee’s always ask for the bank statements before the 341 or afterwards? Do they request that information in all cases? The reason I ask is no one requested bank statements from us and we already had our 341.

Comment

Originally posted by angles View Post
                Do the trustee’s always ask for the bank statements before the 341 or afterwards? Do they request that information in all cases? The reason I ask is no one requested bank statements from us and we already had our 341.
                If they wanted to see your bank statements they would have asked you to bring them to the 341. From all I have read on this forum, there are so many differences between districts, so maybe your district didn't require them.
                Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
                341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
                Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

Kartoons is right. They would have asked you for further docs prior to the 341 if they needed them.

My district is extremely laid back. Most filers are over the median, so I won't even stand out. They ask for last 2 tax returns...and that's pretty much it, unless they have a reason to dig deeper. I asked my attorney about being over median, etc, his answer was very calm, "quite average for this district" LOL. That made me feel worlds better.
                  Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10

Comment

Let the trustee ask you first. Never volunteer. Keep answers short. Yes. No. No "but" or "and". Should the question ever come up "Do you have any assets?" Say "NO"!
                    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
                      Let the trustee ask you first. Never volunteer. Keep answers short. Yes. No. No "but" or "and". Should the question ever come up "Do you have any assets?" Say "NO"!
                      How about "I have no recollection of any such event"

Seriously though, do not volunteer excess information. Keep answers short, to the point and monosyllabic where possible.

Comment

Some of my paperwork required:

-6 months of bank statements
                        -3 years of tax returns
                        -6 months of check stubs

My lawyer had me bring all that in when I filed, so I didn't have to bring anything to my 341.

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
                          How about "I have no recollection of any such event"

Seriously though, do not volunteer excess information. Keep answers short, to the point and monosyllabic where possible.
                          Trustee: Mr. Joe, how did you get in debt?

Joe: I have no recollection of any such event.

If there's a house involved, I hear that they sometimes ask "How much would your house sell for?"

My attorney advised me to have a CMA done and my house is upside down by $20,000.

I have this allergy/sinus cough going on. I hope I get a serious attack at my 341 meeting. Maybe the trustee will be grossed out and cut it short.
                          Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X