• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my Situation can you see any possible problems

What is your question exactly?

Comment

Smockb, welcome to the forum.

Not sure if I have the answers you are looking for, but here are just some observations. If your score is 700 then you should be able to get financing on a used car with lower payments and unload your current car. There are people who are able to get financing right after a bk. Also I would seriously reconsider filing bk on only 6K of CC debt. BK should really be a last resort, when there are no other options. Of course everyone has to choose for themselves, but that is my take on your situation. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
      Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
      341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
      Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

Not sure about your question here, but I personally would think that you may be considering bk prematurely. I would suggest attempting some other scenarios, including credit counseling organizations, that have no vested ineterst in you filing bk or not, and seeing what the numbers add up for you before taking action. Maybe even meeting with a couple other attorneys and seeing if bk really is your best alternative.
        Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
        AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

I guess I didnt explain well enough

The credit card debt is low, payments equal about 190.00 per month, but I wanted to include the Van payment of $479.00 in the chapter seven and try and purchase a vehicle with better gas milage for about 300 per month- Before I file, saving me a total of about $379.00 per month on bills. The Auto payment is what is killing me.

I am not sure if I will be able to purchase another car with my existing debt befor I file though.

The Van has so much negative equity I would never be able to trade it in- roughly 12k

Comment

Originally posted by smockb View Post
            The credit card debt is low, payments equal about 190.00 per month, but I wanted to include the Van payment of $479.00 in the chapter seven and try and purchase a vehicle with better gas milage for about 300 per month- Before I file, saving me a total of about $379.00 per month on bills. The Auto payment is what is killing me.

I am not sure if I will be able to purchase another car with my existing debt befor I file though.

The Van has so much negative equity I would never be able to trade it in- roughly 12k
            None of us can speak for an auto lender. Talk to a banker or F%I manager at a dealership and see what they say.

Comment

Agree with Keepmine. Talk to an auto lender about your car. I was able to get a car with much more debt, so I wouldn't assume that you would be unable to finance a new (used) car, but you won't know until you talk to a lender.
              Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
              341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
              Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

Given the state of car sales right now---you might get a great deal.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X