341 in FT. Myers, FL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 in FT. Myers, FL.

I'm filing on 8/30 so my 341 will be late Sept or early Oct in Ft. Myers, Fl. Anyone have experience going through that court that you could post. I'm a bit nervious about some of the stories I've read of the trusties being very hard nose! Can you share your experience?

It is really not that bad. Are you an asset case?

Comment

I'll be a no asset case.

Comment

Originally posted by 05mag View Post
        I'll be a no asset case.
        You will NOT have a problem. This is one of the most asked question here. Do a search and you find a bare minimum of bad experiences. Most come from non preparation for the obvious things, dishonesty, or attempts at fraud. Be succinct, answer only what is asked, show confidence, dress properly and in business casual, answer with respect, and in five minutes you are outa there. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thanks, I have nothing to hide, my attoreny says not to worry also but I guess thats just me. After working 45 years and ending up in BK I think I'm a little sad in the heart !

Comment

341 hearings

Hello 05mag,

After working 45 years and ending up in BK I think I'm a little sad in the heart !

Hang in there, remember you are in good company.....lots of good people in the boat with you.

As for 341's, gman recently sat through 35 recently and posted what he saw.

Best to you,

Tom in Colo
            Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

I filed on 7/30 my 341 will be on Sept 21st in Fort Myers...I'll try to send an update after it happens..

Comment

As promised...I had my 341 in Fort Myers today...Very Very easy it took less than 10 minutes...Attorney told us if it took any longer than that more than likely their was an issue..Answer honestly, and to the point..don't worry about accuracy for example the attorney told us if he asks about a tax return if you don't know the exact amount its ok just say it was appromimately or between xxx-xxx. They are not trying to trick you they are only looking to see if their are any assets that can be used to pay back creditors.

I have a list of 13 basic questions they ask (given to us by our attorney ahead of time) I don't think he asked all of them. Most imporantly they will ask you if you read some document explaining Bk from the courts...if you say no the whole proceeding ends...Its posted in the lobby so make sure you take a look at it.

We only heard one case before ours...they were asked when was the last time they used their credit cards (we were not asked that question)

We also witnessed a client yelling at his attorney over what I don't know something along the lines of let me tell you how this is going to go...My guess he got busted on something.....

I expected quite a few more people there today and was surprised looks as if they handle a block of maybe 5 cases every 1/2 hour with a 1/2 hour in between...I think their were only 2 other cases waiting after ours we were the first in our block, we were not scheduled till 10 but arrived at 9 (I wanted to see how some other meetings went and he took us first in the 9:30 block)..the waiting room was actually more crowded after our meeting, and our attorney pointed out if you see a bunch of guys in suits and ties more than likely they are creditors atterneys..usually they come in representing banks when their are large loans or mortgages

We hit a little snag on the vehicles..he asked what we owned I told him...he had a weird look on his face and said is that it..My husband said I have a van owned by my corp..told him what it was and when and what we paid for it...still he did not seem satisfied..then asked about a creditor..we explained it was a vehicle that was repossesed which cleared it up...he asked if we owed any money on the vehicles we said no both are owned free and clear...

Attorney told us that should be it..unless they wanted to question the assets (our attorney seemed a little concerned we may have gone over..I know we were on the line because of Husbands Co but I am pretty confident we are fine, but they have 30 days to come back to us) No creditors showed up he said its very rare..Take the 2nd BK course within 45 days (already done) and we should get discharge papers sometime in December...

Comment

Hi my 341 was in July in Tampa. You are in the same district but I see they have a court house in Ft Myers. My meeting also went fast, a no asset case. I too was nervious. I was thankful there were others before me as the trustee asked the same questions of most of us.

As most will tell you, you're not in a court room, my trustee cracked a few jokes to ease the tension. The questions were few and except for the wait to be called, I was in and out in 15 minutes.

Comment

My meeting will be in Oct in Tampa....I'm not scared as before. Actually, I can't wait for it to be over! I'm going to be there about 2 hours early to watch earlier cases still....

Comment

@ nomorebils, You will have to arrive 2 hours early just to find a place to park. Seems every other month the city of Tampa tears up and blocks off another street downtown. You're left to the mercy of those pay lots where you stuff your $ in those small metal slot boards. LOL! Anyway I wish my bk lawyer would have mentioned the parking. He did warn me to bring lots of quarters!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X