top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Temporary (1 month) job affect my BK? How to spend money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Temporary (1 month) job affect my BK? How to spend money?

Hello,

My wife and I are filing the beginning of October. She is unemployed. We both have interviews to work at a halloween trail type of thing for the month of October. It would be like 2 or 3 days a week. It would bring us an extra $1500 (which we could use because I need to have my permanent crown put in.)

I'm wondering how this will affect the BK though. It's only for 1 month. That amount won't put us over the median either. But we may likely have a bit of extra money that month (after the crown, though we do need winter clothes.)

Also, she is thinking about having this test done (costs about $200.) It's to test for a bleeding disorder. She knows she has it (runs in the family) but needs proof so she can apply for scholarships. Will they object to that?

I also thought about getting a physical done ($50) and we are both getting MedicAlert ID's. Membership is $30 to start plus $10 per year, the ID's are $10, so total would be $100.

Do you think we'll have an issue? Of course, this all depends on IF we get the jobs....
    I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
    Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

It should cause no issues.
    The things you will spend the money on are not luxury items.
    Run it by your lawyer.

Comment

after filing

Hello dumpinmydebt,

It will be after you file, you are using it for needed medical expenses, I can't see where it would be a problem. You would have to get the most heartless trustee in the country to hassle you over that. Just be sure to document everything.

Good luck with both the BK and the medical,

Tom in Colo
      Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

You will have no real problem at all. It will not even be questioned for that pittance. Keep all receipts if any questions at all. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Oh we've been documenting everything since February. If they want our receipts, we have a TON of them. Ha ha.

Don't want to stir up trouble. We're filing pro se.
          I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
          Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X