copies of CC statements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

copies of CC statements

Since informing American Express of my intention to file BK they have disabled my online account access. My attorney says I need the last 3 months of credit card statements, when I called AMEX to see how I can get my statements (since I normally got them online) they said I would have to pay $75 per statement. Has anyone else experienced this with AMEX or any other creditor?

I am somewhat surprised, but think what they are doing is not legal. They can not suspend your access to your account information until you actually file, then they would be presumed to be in violation of the stay by sending you statements. Am I correct here anybody?
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

I don't think it is illegal.

Everything I researched & read on these boards Prior to getting an attorney and filing BK said that this would happen with all CC companies and that one should download and save all prior statements available on line and to even change any electronic only statements to paper ones.

Sorry you have to pay all that monies. That stinks.

Comment

I had some missing statements as well. I sent what I had to the Ch7 trustee with an explanation as to what was missing and why. As it happened I got audited by the UST and as part of their documentation request I signed a notarized letter to each creditor allowing the UST's office to get 2 years of statements directly from the creditors. So I never had to produce them.

Comment

$75 for cc statement

italiana66 just posted this same thing today. $75 to get cc statement. Must be going around.....

Tom in Colo
          Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Originally posted by blockhead View Post
            I had some missing statements as well. I sent what I had to the Ch7 trustee with an explanation as to what was missing and why. As it happened I got audited by the UST and as part of their documentation request I signed a notarized letter to each creditor allowing the UST's office to get 2 years of statements directly from the creditors. So I never had to produce them.

Wow You got Audited by the UST? damn. People told me I might have that happen because of my 175K in unsecured creditors! I was in debt, lost job played the market and then CC jacked rates, hard to pay down bills, so BK is what I looked at!

what was the outcome of it?

Comment

Wait am I going to need CC statements?? I don't have a single one since I have not used them in just about 2 years??

I have stopped receiving statments when they were sold or transferred to collection attorneys.
              "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Ask your attorney if you truly need them. For my Chapter 13, my attorney did make such a request. I had numerous American Express credit lines and I did manage to log on and get copies of the statements as I prepared to file.

The reason I say to ask your attorney is that, at least for my pro se Chapter 7, there has been no need for such statements by the trustee or the courts.

Good luck.
                11/2008 - Filed Chapter 13
                02/2010 - Chapter 13 dismissed
                08/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 pro se in new district
                09/2010 - Chapter 7 341

Comment

Just talked with my attorney he said he would like at least one statement from AMEX he suggested I call them a few more times as I might get a different answer. But told me under NO circumstances should I pay them $75 for a statement, maybe $5. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by professorkev View Post
                    Wow You got Audited by the UST? damn. People told me I might have that happen because of my 175K in unsecured creditors! I was in debt, lost job played the market and then CC jacked rates, hard to pay down bills, so BK is what I looked at!

what was the outcome of it?
                    Outcome was they said everything was OK.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X