Called Bank to Keep Car Payment Current

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Called Bank to Keep Car Payment Current

I called the bank who holds the lien on my car to make a payment cuz I'm 15 days behind (was thinking of doing a ride through). Within 2 minutes my online account access was cut. LOL. I can't even make a payment on the phone. I guess I'll be mailing it in. Should I? Not a big deal if I keep the car or not.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

If you want to do a ride through then yes, you should keep it current. Call the bank, ask for the BK department, and handle it with them. Some banks have different delivery addresses and account numbers for BK accounts.
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
      If you want to do a ride through then yes, you should keep it current. Call the bank, ask for the BK department, and handle it with them. Some banks have different delivery addresses and account numbers for BK accounts.

Actually, I spoke with the BK department. She was clueless. I'll try with someone else tomorrow.
      Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Hopefully they'll be more helpful. Last thing you want is for you to send in a payment and have it not be applied.
        Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10

Comment

Hopefully they'll be more helpful. Last thing you want is for you to send in a payment and have it not be applied.
          You're so right, Joe. It seems like that's what would have happened. They're so scared to violate the automatic stay. They nervously laugh with you and all that. Did you experience that?

Comment

No, not at all. Ford was very business like and rather supportive. I felt they knew exactly what they were doing and my account was properly noted. With BofA however, that was funny. I called cust serv. to tell them to stop racking o/d fees on my account that I had filed BK and it was included....talk about stumbling. They wanted me to call their BK dept. to figure out the bk problem...I kept telling them what problem, there's no problem...bk filed, you listed...where is problem to solve? LOL

Comment

No, not at all. Ford was very business like and rather supportive. I felt they knew exactly what they were doing and my account was properly noted. With BofA however, that was funny. I called cust serv. to tell them to stop racking o/d fees on my account that I had filed BK and it was included....talk about stumbling. They wanted me to call their BK dept. to figure out the bk problem...I kept telling them what problem, there's no problem...bk filed, you listed...where is problem to solve? LOL
              Love it! LOL.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X