No announcement yet.

Unnerving cash in hand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Joe, only checked Pacer twice today, good for you! The Query function is nice, I'm only up to $6. There were a few days before I found out how not to get charged! ;^)

As for the large cash, I know you are in Cali, I'm in Colorado, but I got several thousand dollar student loan disbursement after filing. Colorado doesn't have a system 1 or system 2, in fact cash exemption, what is that? Anyway, my attorney said it wasn't an issue, and it hasn't been. I'm sure it is fine for you too.

By the way, it's a good thing you figured out the Query function, otherwise you may blow all that money on your pacer addiction!
    Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
    341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
    Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

If this will make you feel better: I listed accounts with $2100, $4250, and $2600, all exempted under California System 2. The law is the law and exemptions are exemptions.

That you anticipated the settlement and got it and deposited it are all just signs of honesty.
      12/2009 Stopped paying CCs; 3/10 1st suit;
      8/2010 finally served; No Asset 7 filed. 11 mos since last bal xfer
      9/22/10 60 day club; 9/24/10 report of no distr; 11/23/10 DISCHARGED

Comment

Originally posted by keptdigging View Post
        If this will make you feel better: I listed accounts with $2100, $4250, and $2600, all exempted under California System 2. The law is the law and exemptions are exemptions.

That you anticipated the settlement and got it and deposited it are all just signs of honesty.
        Yeah, I feel ok about it now that I went into the bank and deposited it. It was unnerving though. I need to learn to live with cash, having a leftover at the end of the month, etc. And yes, I am using system 2.
        Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
        AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Originally posted by kartoons19 View Post
          Hey Joe, only checked Pacer twice today, good for you! The Query function is nice, I'm only up to $6. There were a few days before I found out how not to get charged! ;^)

As for the large cash, I know you are in Cali, I'm in Colorado, but I got several thousand dollar student loan disbursement after filing. Colorado doesn't have a system 1 or system 2, in fact cash exemption, what is that? Anyway, my attorney said it wasn't an issue, and it hasn't been. I'm sure it is fine for you too.

By the way, it's a good thing you figured out the Query function, otherwise you may blow all that money on your pacer addiction!
          LOL on the PA. Ain't that true
          Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10

Comment

So, after the 341, I can begin saving with no questions asked?
            Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
              So, after the 341, I can begin saving with no questions asked?
              At least in my district, the issue of my bank account balance after filing was not an issue. I did have to bring my July bank statements to the 341 showing my account balance on filing date, but that was it.

I now have about $7K sitting in my account and I'm not worried about losing it. I'm not sure I would feel this way if I were an asset case, but since bk is a snapshot of the filing date, I would think that money earned or saved after that time would be yours to keep. At least that is my understanding of the process. Hope this helps.
              Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
              341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
              Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

Thanks, Kartoons. I'm in New York where they make everything hard for you. LOL. I'm sure it's OK saving after filing. Thanks.
                Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

According to my attorney same thing in CA.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X