NO employment changes when filing CH7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO employment changes when filing CH7

How many of you had NO changes to your employment before filing for CH7?

I've had my same job for years, and still working. This debt slowly crept up on me (well, maybe not so slow) but by not making the best decisions, by having a larger mortgage then I should (and not considering HOA, repairs, etc), buying a car, and just lifes bills were bigger all around, especially having a young daughter hitting her teen years and needing more. Then getting on the "credit bus" to keep these payments up put me where I am today, majorly in debt and can't get out. I've worked some BRUTAL overtime to keep the payments up for the last year, but that overtime is scarce now and its impossible to pay the minimum amounts on anything (not to mention all the overtime was eventually going to lead me straight to the insane asylum). I was using the credit cards to live, and working overtime to pay the credit cards.

I find myself wishing I could say I had a major circumstance that made this happen, but it seems to be no fault but my own.

None here. Stuck in a job that I can't afford to ditch for two years now. Wife got temp to perm in May 09, converted to perm full time in Oct 09. Our problem was income variability during 05-08, credit cards were used to "pad" rough patches and not alwas best decisions were used; nobody forced us to swipe them cards. Tried paying them down for 3 years, decided we were doing nothing but treading water, and realized we were one misstep away from disaster, so we pulled the trigger. We were glad to do it before a major circumstance happened, we were also sorry we did not realize and take action sooner.
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

I have worked for same company for 5 years no income change. Just didn't manage money correctly. I'm thankful that the bankruptcy law gives us another chance.
      Filed:11/2010
      341 Meeting:1/5/2011
      Discharge:3/2011

Comment

in good company

Hi Panacea,

Don't worry, you are in good company. Focus on your "fresh start" in life!

Tom in Colo
        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Originally posted by MeLLE159 View Post
          I have worked for same company for 5 years no income change. Just didn't manage money correctly. I'm thankful that the bankruptcy law gives us another chance.
          Ditto
          Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Agree with Tom -- what is more important, to me, are the hard lessons learned going through this and understanding how you got here. Clearly understanding those bad decisions and how they played an important role. Sometimes that is all you can control.

Going forward -- plan for the worst and hope for the best! It's not just cliche'
            Last edited by df04527; 09-05-2010, 11:41 AM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X