Should I file ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I file ?

I'm 18 , just graduated from High School a few months ago . I'm in about $10k in debt . I currently have 1 open credit card with a $100 cl and is current . I've had it for about 2 months . I have no job , I'm a full time college student . I have like 70 inq's. on my credit report . I keep getting denied for things . Can someone please help me.. Thanks!

Originally posted by Navykid View Post
    I'm in about $10k in debt.
    That's all I needed to know to answer your filing-question with a big, fat NO!

You simply don't file BK for such a small debt. Without income or a job you shouldn't be looking for credit and that's probably why you are denied. Filing BK won't help you.
    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

What are you trying to accomplish through bankruptcy? What is the $10k indebtedness for? I would be hesitant to file with only that amount of debt personally. I noticed you said you are current on your credit card - are you getting collection calls and/or threats of garnishment on the $10k?

I noticed in your post you said you kept getting denied - bankruptcy would be a huge negative on your credit score. This would make the situation with you getting denied credit worse rather than better.
      Filed: 6/30/2010
      341: 7/26/2010
      Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

You are only 18, and are just starting out. I know getting a job is tough right now and that you are a FT student. But you really need to get a PT job of some sort and start trying to pay that debt down, and start a savings plan.

Good luck.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Hi NavyKid,

I keep getting denied for things

What 'things?'

Best advice is to NOT file early in college.
          (And remember student loans do not go away in a BK)

Tom in Colo
          Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X