auto lease payments just before filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto lease payments just before filing

I posted this over in repossessions, but I think this is probably just as much of a CH7 strategy question as it is a repo question. I am planning to file in the next few weeks, hoping for Sept and if not...definatly Oct. I have a late model Mercedes C-Class on lease, 1/2 way through a 36 month lease. I thought at first I was going to try and keep the car, but with a $600+ plus payment and a a few thousand dollars in body work, service, and new tires that it needs, I am now thinking that it might be best to let it go. I can either use the $ I save to buy a decent used car or have a family member lease me something more reasonable.

With that being said...I did not pay the August 16th payment, and am debating whether or not to do so. Sept 16th payment is due later this week. Does anyone have experience with Mercedes Benz Financial, or just in the process of a leased car during a BK. If I were to file in the next 2 weeks (I don't think they will repo it in the next 2 weeks), how long will I have during the BK before they can come repo it? Would it be before the 341, after it....toward the end? I hate to make it sound like I am trying to get a free-bee on the lease payments, but its all strategy on what would make the most sense.

Any advice or real world information and experience would be greatly appreciated.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X