$ 120,000 cc debt automatic audit with UST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$ 120,000 cc debt automatic audit with UST

My attorney tells me that due to the fact that I have over $ 80,000 in CC debt that I will be audited by UST .I will be filing chapter 7. Please share what I can expect, your experience or advice.

From what I've read, a standard UST audit is them requesting 6 months worth of everything from you-utility bills, bank statements, everything.

There are a couple posters here that have undergone UST audits and can provide you with clear cut expectations. Just do a search for UST audit or just audit.

Good luck.
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Comment

I guess it depends which district you are in. I was told I would be audited by UST too and I was but then I discharged 280K of CC debt and had a closely held corporation too. They wanted 2 or 3 yrs of everything from me, personal, corporate, cancelled checks a whole laundry list.
        I don't think where I filed (the NE) 120K would be audit material necessarily if everything else was straight forward.

Comment

Also depends on whether you owned a business, those are audited in more detail/length of time from what I understand.
          Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
          AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

I was audited and had 120K+ of cc debt. Did you actually get a summons or notice that you were being audited?
            You may have to explain ANY deposits or credit to any accounts over 600.00, they would also verify your expense.
            There is no guideline on audits for cc debt here in California its either you were selected randomly or something in your filing.
            It is stressful and time consuming and may hold up the discharged date.

Comment

It really depends on your district. I was over $140K unsecured and not a peep from the UST. We were also way over median.
              Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
              341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
              Discharged: 11/30/2009
              Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

We had over $100,000 in credit card debt, make over $120,000 a year, also had $650,000 of other mortgage and car debt... UST did not even blink an eye. Case went super smooth and got our discharge no probs.

Get yourself a better attorney. It makes ALL the difference. A truly competent and experienced attorney will present your case so well and clearly that there will be no grounds for an audit.
                Stopped paying c. cards February 2009
                Retained attorney 11/5/09 - $100k in C.Card debt - $120000 per year income - Filed Feb 2010 - 341 Apr 2010 - No Asset Case/Report of No Dist Apr 2010 - Discharged June 2010
                Case went without a hitch!
                I HELD MY HEAD HIGH IN THAT COURTROOM AND NOW I AM MOVING ON!

Comment

I don't think that is always the case that having a great attorney means you won't get audited. The 'grounds' can be a lot of debt period, or a self employed person - no matter how accurate and well crafted the petition is.

Comment

Thanks for the information. My attorney told me that anything over $80,000 in CC debt triggers a automatic audit from UST.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X