top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anxioius for my conference call with our attorney tomorrow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anxioius for my conference call with our attorney tomorrow.

We've gotten all the "analysis" that the UST's office did of our numbers. Well, for some reason they are using the originally filed B22 not the corrected one- and some of the numbers are wrong. Not sure why the corrected one wasn't referred to- as far as I knew the attorney's office filed it within a day of our 341.

Some of the biggest issues are she's saying we're over withholding for taxes by $391 a month. Well, I'm sorry but last year we had a $3900 tax bill upon filing and this year we are losing 1 dependent child based on his yearly wages. Her math only works with fairy dust and maybe 3 clicks of my ruby red heels. I am not reducing my withholdings to BELOW what they were last year when I'll have more taxable income this year and ended up owing last year.

Also she's arguing that we put in for more than the IRS standard for our housing. The non-mortgage allowance is $1060 for 5 or more people. We are a family of 8, our rent was $1725 and was considerably low for our area. Not sure if it's a formality because the paralegal but the entire rent expense on line 20B and not the standard plus the overage on line 21, but I will gladly challenge the UST to find me a rent for that amount in a non-gang run neighborhood. I live one street over from a trailer park, so I'm surely not living in a gated community or anything.

Lastly, she's reduced our ownership expense on the one vehicle we have. It's my mom's car, she couldnt afford the payment. So we send her the $300 a month, and we use the car. If we don't pay the $300 a month, we just turn the relationship with my mom sour...my mom's STILL going to pay the car. Yet, on the "facts" portion of the motion the UST lists that we have $32K in secured debt, tied to the Expedition we are giving up. So which is it- do we have $32K in secured debt tied to the car we are surrendering, or do we also have the debt on my mom's car so therefor we can't claim any ownership expense? Either or, but not both. And yes it matters because she includes the expense of my mom's car in her estimated chapter 13 payment AND I guess if the car is over 6 years old/has more than 75K miles with no lease on it we can get an additional $200/month operation expense. Boy, sure could use that, and it's accurate, since this car is an 03 and has 116K on it and needs $2200 in repairs right now.

Which brings me to my last question for the attorney. Why not just recommend converstion? Why dismiss? Is it because she knows the $2800 estimated 13 payment is absurd and would never fly? If so, right there is a gigantic blackhole for people to fall into thanks to the Bankruptcy legislation Congress put into place for us.
    Ch 13 filed 06/22/09. Dismissed,thankfully, 03/31/10. Ch 7 filed 06/28/10. 341 07/29/10. UST POA 08/06/10. UST mot to dismiss hearing extended to Dec...Feb...March...May...Aug. UST withdrawal of dismissal filed 05/31! DISCHARGED 07/12/2011!

So- he said he's talked to the UST rep at length. She filed the motion because she "had to". We are going to work on an updated Means Test to be sure everything is accounted for. He said the UST is just going to ask for 6 more weeks at the preliminary hearing, there's no need to rush and panic. She even gave him some ideas on where our numbers are low and could be higher? He doesn't seem to think the excess rent will be an issue, he said our judge is the type of judge to look at the numbers and see the amount given is ridiculous and allow the overage. I told him the witholding amounts were legit and if we use her recommendation we'll just end up owing on the back end of the year, like last year.

So I feel better about things- but I'm so frustrated because I just want it OVER and here we are tweaking the Means test still.
    Ch 13 filed 06/22/09. Dismissed,thankfully, 03/31/10. Ch 7 filed 06/28/10. 341 07/29/10. UST POA 08/06/10. UST mot to dismiss hearing extended to Dec...Feb...March...May...Aug. UST withdrawal of dismissal filed 05/31! DISCHARGED 07/12/2011!

Comment

Hi olivies, just a word of encouragement, hang in there.

Tom in Colo

ps: Could be worse, saw a post from someone in Montana who has had the UST extend time 3X...started in early spring I think, and still asking for more time...
      Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X