Is this income?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this income?

Where I work, my employer makes a contribution into my 401K account, whether I make any contribution or not. Do I need to include that as income in my bankruptcy filing? It's not money that I have access to, it goes directly into the 401K, and it's not listed as "pay" on my paystubs.

I know I need to list the 401K as an asset, though I can exempt it. Just wondering how to handle the actual contributions from the employer.
    This post does not constitute legal advice. If you use my advice in place of a lawyer, God help you.

You do not need to list the employer match if it's not listed on your paystubs and/or w-2's. You need to approximate the value as to exempt the asset, although a 401K under 1MM is exempt.
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

It's listed on my paystub, but not as pay. It's marked as a "company contribution" and it doesn't show up in my year-to-date pay.
      This post does not constitute legal advice. If you use my advice in place of a lawyer, God help you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X