top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

default on heloc over 2 years ago, should i file bk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello dasherkin,

If you can afford it, a local lawyer would be your best bet. If you can't afford an atty, check out legal aid: http://www.ladadetroit.org/

Your case really seems like you need someone local to help you, familiar with Mich law

Hope you can get this settled so you can relax!

Tom in Colo
    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

i received this reply from them today..

dear xxx

we have made several attemps to contact you, but our efforts have been unsuccessful

it is important that you contact this office to discuss a possible resolution of your account.

this law firm is a debt collector attempting to collect this debt for our client ect....

what should my next step be, i really really didnt want to call them

Comment

Wow, I'm in Michigan, I wonder if this will help me when I declare 7 in early November...

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
        In Michigan the 2nd lien holders are starting to sue for the unpaid loans, first claiming that the secured interest is lost (underwater homes, 2nd is deemed unsecured). They aren't foreclosing, but they are suing for payment. The contracts must be worded in a way that refers to their allowed course of action in addition to foreclosure.
        Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

any input anyone, should i try to write them again? call then when i have money or call them now?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X