Making our mortgage payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by patches View Post
    No, no accounts from this bank, it is a local bank, not one of the big guys.
    Thanks for sticking with me here drowning123, I appreciate it.
    You are very welcome, and call, call, call your bank. That's the fastest way to find out what to do.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by patches View Post

Our telephone interview is this Tuesday morning. Does anyone know how long that call takes - is there an average? I am nervous about it and after reading here I asked our attorney if we should have representation for the phone call, he said it wasn't necessary, but that if I wanted to, I could call his secretary and make arrangements to go to his office to make the call. We thought about it and decided to just do it from home on our own. We have nothing to hide so I think I am just nervous as to what kind of questions to expect. Our lawyer said financial questions from the petition. That's pretty general.

Ok - I gotta ask this - you are having your 341 via telephone and your attorney isnt going to be present?

Holy crap....

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
        Ok - I gotta ask this - you are having your 341 via telephone and your attorney isnt going to be present?

Holy crap....
        I was thinking the same thing.....lol
        "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

No, it isn't a 341 meeting on the phone, it is a pre-341 interview wherein questions are asked and documents are requested.
          The questions were things like, what would we say was the reason we ended up facing bankruptcy, and do you rent a storage locker,
          do you have any stocks, bonds, ira's, are you storing property with anyone, how long have you lived at your current property, are you
          buying it, do you want to keep it, do you want to reaffirm the mortgage, etc.
          We were then handed off to the trustee's clerk who requested copies of drivers license, social security, vehicle titles, insurance,
          warranty deed and the last two months bank statements. These documents we need to mail to them within 10 days.

We are in central Florida and apparently, these pre meeting phone interviews are pretty routine.
          Filed 9/15/2010
          341 meeting is 11/2/2010

Comment

You will receive nothing from the bank but an almost blank form after filing - your usual mortgage statement can only be reinstated after you and your attorney agree to do so. There will be no minimum payments, no balance, no numbers at all, really, on your statement going forward - unless you ask them to reinstate the regular statement. The bank will contact you with a notice that they received your filing, that they are complying with the automatic stay, and that any payments would be voluntary.

Look closely when you get this form - it will likely have a different payment address on it. You can also call the bank and request to speak to their BK department - they will take your call and let you know what to do "if you choose to do so."

I can guarantee that automatic drafts will end immediately.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X