No announcement yet.

Whats the best place to get your credit reports and scores that are accurate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the best place to get your credit reports and scores that are accurate

I signed up for one of the free trial memberships but maybe I should sign up with one of those paying ones and look into my credit reports and make sure they are reporting correctly. I was discharged last week and my credit score right now is 550 I dont know if they already have that I was discharge and if that makes it lower or higher.

Seems like went through the BK process and that is all done now I am dealing with another issue, my credit score and what is the process of rebuilding my credit and score.

I use myfico.com as you get real FICO scores for Eq and TU and not fakos, along with monitoring your Eq and TU reports. I sign onto Ex every two months, as I found pulling them this way they are accurate in stead of Privacy Manager.
    November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

Those free trial memberships usually involve charging you lots of money after the free trial period is over. I wouldn't waste my money.

annualcreditreport.com is the official, free, government-sponsored site. You are allowed one free credit report per year from each of the three agencies. You can space them out and request a different one every four months if you'd like to monitor them fairly closely.
      Filed Ch 7 pro se Oct 2010 . Filed student loan AP pro se Feb 2011 . Discharged Feb 2011 . AP trial 1/10/2012 . $28K in student loans dismissed Jan 2012 . ECMC appealed. Appeal hearing 7/2012. Original judgment upheld 9/2012.

Comment

How about this, STOP worrying about the score.

Your score will take care of itself, you need to focus on action steps.

1. Pull the credit report (sans score) and see if everything is reported property (e.g. each trade line has the balance owed at $0, and commented as Included in Bankruptcy, or some variation). Make sure there are no late payments reported after the date you filed your case. Do this about 2 months after discharge.
        2. odds are, about 3-6 months after your BK discharge, you will probably start getting credit card offers in the mail (granted, they won't be great)...accept one (or go apply for one), preferably without an annual fee...charge $50 and pay it off each month. This way, you establish some post BK credit usage.

That is ALL you need to do after BK to begin rebuilding your credit. Time will ultimately heal your credit. Most debtor's credit recovers in about 18-24 months. Don't worry about the score, and certainly DO NOT spend money to keep track of it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X