top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is taking discharge and closing so long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is taking discharge and closing so long?

Filed 10-09, court 12-4-09, chapter 7. Converted to asset case in Jan 2010. May 2010 make offer to trustee to settle out on assets and do so. August 5 was deadline for creditors, objections. Stipulation filed and accepted. Now the case sits in Pacer untouched. We made the trustee an offer and he accepted. We had to give him cash and surrender a motorcycle. I have a personal injury lawsuit that has been sitting now for four years. Trustee incorporated my PI attorney into the mix but other than that, nothing else was done on that end. The case will likely amount to nothing, max $5K payout but looking slim.

Questions: If trustee accepts settlement, can he turn around now after all is said and done and take my settlement? Our attorney told us "it is over, we are done and the rest is just a technicality". A discharge would be nice. Can they just let it sit there and do nothing with it? We have also paid a truck loan in full and just received the title to the vehicle. I am just thinking what can they turn around and do to us? How long can they drag this out. We would love to refinance our home but without a discharge, that doesn't seem likely. Does the trustee have to close us in order for us to sell anything?

I appreciate any advice. We are stuck in limboland and of course our attorney is paid and considers his job done and has not answered my e-mails!

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X