top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attorney sent petition to look over and make corrections- What am I looking for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attorney sent petition to look over and make corrections- What am I looking for?

This is exciting and scary all at the same time. I am thrilled looking over the petition but what mistakes or discrepancies am I looking for?
    Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Make sure all of your info is correct, that all of your creditors are listed, that all of your income/expense numbers are accurate, etc.
    Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
    0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Go over everything line item by line item, even blank items to make sure that everything is filled that needs to be filled, and that everything is correct to the best of your knowledge, both written items and numbers as well as N/A's and blank items. Took us about 2 hours on first pass and found 4 mistakes and had 14 additional clarification questions.
      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
      AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Basically, your are looking for completeness and basic accuracy. On the schedule of creditors, it should list all creditors and collection agencies, the address, but you don't really need to be concerned about the amount owed. If the petition says your $10,000, but your last statement says $9,200, that discrepancy doesn't matter.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X