top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trustee wants my paltry assets.. advice please !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is for you Robivi...need your opinion please..

My chapter7 no asset bk was discharged on 2/14/06 ,everything went well,now we are dealing with any assets ,two in particular,one is a piece of land(city lot) that is paid for and is worth say 10k on a good day,I told my attorney i am not wanting to keep it,The other one is a house that my father lived in before he died and I purchased it from his estate,It is worth say 50k or so it appraised for 63k but was told at auction would bring 50k maybe,I owe 38k so there is a lien on it,I want my case to end and basically these two issues are the only thing that is preventing it...My question to you is Should I just tell him to take the house? Let him decide if he is going to take it,I reaffirmed it so I will keep it if he doesnt want it,but I dont want him to think he will get any cash from me because I dont care . I would appreciate any opinions you might have . Thank you
    I prayed for a new bicycle but god didnt respond,so I stole one and asked for his forgiveness

Comment

Why not go down to goodwill, spend 100 or so and buy beat up broken items imilar to yours. for example if you listed a computer on your items, go down to goodwill and buy a piece of junk 10 year old computer for 15.00, and let the trustee have it.

Comment

Stewie

That is an interesting idea, which i hadn't even thought of, however, sad to say, we live in a small area with only a couple goodwill places around and they mostly only have clothes.

The trustee already knows what brand and how old our comp is, now he wants the model number and make/model of our printer. It would be difficult to find a used make/model comp of the same age as ours second hand.

Good idea though!

Comment

robivi3

Can you be slightly more specific? I am not very familiar with legal terms and procedures. I don't need to you reveal anything specific about your particular case and/or assets, etc., but I am just wondering what is involved in "deposing" us, and what you meant when you said you you'd been through a deposition, "rejected it", and won.

Are you saying that if we make him an offer at all, before he even says yes or no to it, we're going to have to appear in court, etc.? I thought we would just write him a letter, he'd respond saying either "ok" or "sorry, not enough, try again?" and maybe at that point we could say, "well, this stuff DEFINITELY isn't worth MORE than we already offered, so we've changed our minds, go ahead and take it, it's yours."

I take it you're saying it's not that simple? Can you expound a bit on that please?

We have, neither of us, ever been involved in ANYTHING legal, so we are pretty ignorant of procedure and also of shifty underhandedness (!) by public servants !!

Comment

Originally posted by StewieGriffin42
            Why not go down to goodwill, spend 100 or so and buy beat up broken items imilar to yours. for example if you listed a computer on your items, go down to goodwill and buy a piece of junk 10 year old computer for 15.00, and let the trustee have it.
            Well, considering this would be fraud and could put them in jail... I'd say it's a bad idea for a bunch of stuff worth only $100 or so...

Tell the trustee that he can have it... if the computer is all you're worried about... then tell him, I don't want the rest of it, but I'll give you $100 to keep the computer. He'll probably take the $100 and let you keep everything.
            Filed Ch. 7 Pro-Se: 10/12/06
            341: 11/6/06 (went AMAZINGLY well!)
            Discharge: 1/12/07
            Closed:1/19/07

Comment

The computer isn't anything a saavy HS kid couldn't take care of for you. Or you could do yourself for that matter.

You can buy a portable drive with sizeable memory capacity at Wal-Mart for about $150. They simply plug into a USB port. Then you copy everything off your old computer, and let the Trustee have the old computer. When you buy a new computer, you've got all your old files already backed up and accessible.
              Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
              Discharged - 12/2006
              Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
              Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Bubbly,
                You will spend 5x times as much trying to hang on to your small possessions. Let the trustee have them....... tell yourself SO BE IT.............their yours.
                The trustee will go for your throat as long as he thinks there is a dollar to be made....
                Robivi3 and I are both very much AWARE OF THIS.........
                No matter what you offer - it's not going to be enough - he's gonna want more!!!
                Save yourself a bundle in trouble and money.... Give him what he wants.... Get him out of your life..... and get your bankruptcy closed.....

It isn't easy, but sometimes its easier to give something up to get something your really need back in return....

Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Give him the stuff, you don't have the money to waste on buying your own junk twice. You can get a new comp at wal-mart for 400$, a new dvd player for $30. All the other stuff you can buy as you go. Don't pay him a grand or more for stuff you could replace with brand new for less.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X