Date Accounts Where Opened?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Date Accounts Where Opened?

I have accounts with several finance companies some dating back almost 10 yrs.

The way the finance companies in my area work is you would go in a borrow and pay on debt in installments and if you got behind you could have the debt "refinanced" and basically you would go back to owing them the original amount but would no longer be behind. Sometimes they would give you $40-80 dollars back for refinancing.

There were many times I could not afford the payments over the years and after being about 1 1/2 to 2 months late they would threaten to put me on the court list to be sued. They really do mean this! About 2-4 days before being put on the list they would send a letter saying "if you come in and pay x amount of money will 'refinance' with you and your account will be current." I'm ashamed to say that I had to do this many times.

On my credit report it list when I first became involved with these companies and list the "new" refinanced accounts. The new accounts make it look like I borrowed the money a few months ago but that's most definitely not the case. Can I list the original month/year I got an account with them instead of the refinanced date? I don't want the trustee to think I borrowed this money and just decided not to pay.
    Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se 10/05/2010
    341 Meeting 11/10/2010 ; I Survived!
    Discharged 1/11/2011 THANK GOD!!

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X