341 done! 60 days and counting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 done! 60 days and counting!

We had our 341 this morning and it went mostly well. The Trustee introduced himself to the 15 or so people in the room and then began calling roll. He said the order of roll call is the order he will see people and then he began. One woman was before us, we could not hear the conversation as the waiting chairs were a distance from the front table. She was there 5-10 mins with her lawyer.

Then it was our turn. We raised our right hands and were sworn in. We stated our names for the recording, and handed over our identification. (I could not find my ssn card, so I brought my maiden name one, and marriage certificate- no problem!) We found out that my husband's ssn was wrong on the filing and the lawyer will have to get it corrected through the clerk, but the hearing was allowed to continue.

We answered a bunch of easy questions-
    Did we review the filing
    How did we get the value of the rental house?
    Is rental occupied?
    When did we buy house 1? House 2?
    Do we currently reside in primary residence?
    Do we plan to reaffirm both financed cars?
    Does car 3 work? (No sir, Not inspected, needs repairs, very low value)
    He then looked through his file for our 2009 tax return, but we had not given it to him yet. I handed him one from my file folder and after a brief look he asked if we plan to get as much refund this coming year as last year. We do not.

The meeting ended with thank you's all around. We were at the table less than 10 mins. About the same amount of time as the first debtor.

I am still nervous that something will come up to derail us in the next 60 days ( I AM ALWAYS A NERVOUS WRECK!) but our lawyer says it is done, and only the reaffirmation of the cars is left. I really hope he is right!!! He says this trustee is a good guy doing a tough job but is not out to "get" people. And it certainly felt that way at the table.

We are going out to (a cheap) dinner to celebrate. I think one drink is in order!
    Filed 8/31/10
    341 Hearing 10/5/10

Hopefully No Asset Ch 7

YAY! Congrats to you. Enjoy your dinner out.

I have a few more weeks til my 341. Nervous wreck here, too.

Good luck in the next 60 days. I hope you sail right on through.

Comment

Originally posted by drowningNIL View Post
      I hope you sail right on through.
      SunkShip...Sail right through.

Thanks for the well wishes!

I hope your meeting goes as smoothly as mine. It really was far less stressful than I thought. Now I just have 2 more months of worrying left.
      Filed 8/31/10
      341 Hearing 10/5/10

Hopefully No Asset Ch 7

Comment

Oh SunkShip! I am SO SO happy for you! Bug hug and enjoy your din din tonight! You deserve it! Yay!
        Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

Congrats sunk. May it be smooth sailing for the next 60 moons.
          Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
          AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Congrats!! Have two drinks you deserve it!
            "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
              Congrats!! Have two drinks you deserve it!
              I agree Freddy- but my budget does not I'll settle for one though.
              Filed 8/31/10
              341 Hearing 10/5/10

Hopefully No Asset Ch 7

Comment

Congrats, I know it hasn't "sunken" in just how easy it was. LOL. I'm such an idiot! LOL. I was shocked at how fast mine went, too. My lawyer quickly ushered me out of the room because he said there are cameras everywhere and he didn't want me to be seen celebrating. LOL. Welcome to "da club"!!! Holla!!!
                Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Best to you also. Was thinking ALL morning about you. Glad it went great.

OK Joe...you're next. Looks like your typing seems pretty sane so far.... LOL

drowning123....love it. THEY are always watchin!!!! LOL
                  filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                  "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

LOL Drowning! Thanks for being an idiot! First smile all day. I needed it.
                    Filed 8/31/10
                    341 Hearing 10/5/10

Hopefully No Asset Ch 7

Comment

Congrats - make that one drink a stiff one!!! Here is to calm waters the next 60 days!
                      Filed Ch 7 Sept '10, 341 Meeting Oct '10, Discharged Dec '10, Case Closed Jan '11

EQ 2/8/11 - 584, 6/2/11 - 677

Comment

I am so glad I found this forum! I have been reading posts for about 10 hours or so.
                        We filed pro se on 9/27 and received our notice of the 341. We'll be heading to that on 11/2/10. I have been nothing but a nervous wreck through this whole process. I'm feeling a little better reading about 341 experiences, so I think I'll survive.

Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Hi all, Congrats Sunkship!

If anyone is nervous about their 341, there is no cure better than going and watching a few.

Tom in Colo
                          Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Congrats SunkShip. Now welcome to the 60 day club.
                            Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

Congratulations! You've just joined the 60 day club. I'll be joining you soon.
                              Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X