Planned expenses and Schedule J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planned expenses and Schedule J

I'm looking over my draft of schedule J and have a quick question. Currently, I do not have health insurance. Obviously I plan to get it very soon, but probably not until after I file. I already know exactly which insurance plan I'll be getting, the costs, etc.

My question is, do I list that on Schedule J in the health insurance area, or am I only able to mention it in the "expected changes in expenses" area? The reason I ask is, without that expense I have a DMI that might catch the trustee's attention, and I already feel like I'm writing a novel in the "expected changes" area. (Divorce payments ending, but rent going up, car insurance likely to jump once I file, likely to have a tax liability...you get the idea.)

So, for simplicity's sake, can I just add that on the appropriate expense line? Or do I have to actually buy the insurance before I do that? I would ask my lawyer, but I'm pro-se.
    This post does not constitute legal advice. If you use my advice in place of a lawyer, God help you.

Do you know your insurance start date? If it begins the month after your filing date, you are pretty safe to put it in J-Health Insurance with a footnote as to the beginning date. If after the discharge, then expected change is the way to go.
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Ok thanks. At this rate I'm going to have more "expected changes" than actual expenses but that's what happens when you live like a pauper for years at a time, I guess.
      This post does not constitute legal advice. If you use my advice in place of a lawyer, God help you.

Comment

Hi rjmwx81,

Remember that I & J are forward looking, what will be happening post-BK Put the health insurance on the appropiate line, cut down the novel under "expected"

Amazing all the things you forget about on the downward spiral.....

Tom in Colo
        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Thanks Tom. That's kind of what I was thinking. I just wasn't sure how far "forward looking" I could go. I plan on getting the insurance within a month or two of filing. The other "expected changes" won't be until the middle of next year...I have an alimony payment going away (uh-oh, more DMI!) but my rent will also be going up and I plan to increase my car insurance since I have kind of a high deductible. So my hope is that I'll show a very low, maybe negative DMI on the actual schedule, and then the expected changes will show that while the alimony is ending, I have other things I've been neglecting that I'll need to take care of so I still can't fund a 13.

That's assuming the UST looks all that closely at my I & J anyway...depending on how the median income changes in this next update, I should still be about $5-6K below the median, so I may just breeze on through. Still, the risk of being forced into a 13 has led to many sleepless nights!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X