341 Meeting Today and more lawyer problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting Today and more lawyer problems

So I had my 341 meeting today in Western New York bankruptcy court. I was very nervous. I got there around 10pm and knew I wouldn't be called until almost noon. I listened to probably 10-12 meetings. Most did not go over 10 minutes and some were less than 5. No creditors showed up for any of the meetings. The Trustee was nice and friendly.

The trustee comes to the general audience at 11pm and says that our Trustee was sick and on the way to the hospital so he would be filling in for the rest of the day. I get up there with a lot of things that I think they could question but he asked basic questions. The only issue was that I have a small NY state tax refund coming in the next week or so and he did not know the other Trustee's cap for retaining this so he adjourned me to next month saying that the other Trustee would review and most likely I would not have to come back.

I walked out a happy man. Then I get home and review my final petition (that was given to me by the lawyers office at the 341 meeting). I see that they misnamed one of the creditors that I had twice told them to correct before filing and left out a corporation that I fully own but no longer does business from the Statement of Financial Affairs which I also told them to correct twice. I am freaking out as they assured me this was completed. I faxed them the e-mails saying this was done and asking next steps but by this time it was close to the end of the business day and I did not hear back yet.

I have had so many issued with this firm and I was so glad to be past the 341 but now I am lost on next steps and what will happen.

Congrats, sort of. I don't think it's such a big problem, especially since it's attorney error. An amendment can be filed. Don't fret too much.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X