• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Over!!! Discharged!!!!

Today on Pacer:

Full docket text for document 22:
    Order Discharging Debtor(s).

THE BANKRUPTCY NOTICING CENTER WILL SERVE THIS ORDER ON ALL CREDITORS AND PARTIES.

Hurrah!!!!!

Now. What should I worry about????
    Filed Chapter 7, 8/16/05, 341 10/12/05
    Discharged 2/16/06, Case Closed 3/8/06
    FICA Score (Equifax) as of 10/13/06 - 645
    (It was 506 on 10/12/05)

Congratulations!
    How long ago was your objection deadline?

Comment

Congrads Pinktiger, been a long wait, huh!!!

Now wait on that closing and its all over but the CHEERING.................
      Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Yes, a looooooooooooong wait!
        I filed on 8/12/05; my objection deadline was originally 12/12 (10/12 was my 341) and then the trustee extended the deadline to 1/12 and then again to 2/12. I was starting to get nervous. So I only waited four days past the objection deadline for the discharge. Not bad.....
        (It was 506 on 10/12/05)

Comment

Im happy for ya pink, just dont get to excited until you see that closed sign. Congratulations on your discharge.
          I prayed for a new bicycle but god didnt respond,so I stole one and asked for his forgiveness

Comment

How long does it usually take for it to close? I see Minny you've been waiting awhile. Now I'm worried again.....
            (It was 506 on 10/12/05)

Comment

Congrats Pinktiger! I got my discharge today too.
              Bankruptcy History:
              Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
              Discharged - 02/16/2006
              Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

Thanks! I've been checking on Pacer again (I know, I know...but I'm hooked) and usually cases are closed within 30 days after discharge in my district. (Western Missouri). I'll have to keep checking to see when it closes. So I guess the discharge simply means nothing was found for creditors. No assets. Now the U.S. Trustee has to look it over for errors? Right? What else can they do now? I'm starting to get concerned. I REALLY WANT MY LIFE BACK.
                (It was 506 on 10/12/05)

Comment

Pink and Bassboy congratulations

Pink I'm in the Eastern District in Missouri and my case closed 7 days after the discharge. I was surprised because I thought it took awhile to get to close but then on here I see several that discharge and close in the same day. Seems no real rhyme or reason to it.

At any rate it won't be long, lots to celebrate

Comment

Pink,
                    Don't stress out over "closing"..............your bankruptcy is basically over after discharge. Discharge means you no longer are responsible for any of the debts to the creditors on your list that are discharged.
                    But your case is not completely final til it says closed.
                    It will remain open if you had assets to sell, or a tax refund going to the Trustee.
                    If you have no assets to sell, and no tax refund involved then your case should close shortly unless paperwork at the court is really behind.

My case is "VERY UNUSUAL"............. that is why it is still open.... My case is not an good example of a smooth and clean Chapter 7....

But it is a good example of all the "surprises" one can encounter down the path of bankruptcy with a bad attorney and a greedy trustee.....

Remember my case is one in a million.......aren't I lucky??
                    If it can happen to someone - it will happen to me!!!!!

Congrads, yours is almost completely over...........
                    Breath deep, relax, SMILE, and onto a better life.....
                    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X