Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you everyone - finally off the hook

Received the discharge notice today.

Looks like lots of people got discharge notices today, so I am almost ashamed to add one.

Anyways, the next thing to do for me would be rebuilding my (up-to-now) shattered life. I basically have to start from nothing, so it will be a long journey.

But at least a journey without the heavy burden of debt, collectors and lawyers.

My only regret is not having done it sooner.

Again thank you all for your support.

Congrats! I got mine today, too. Here's to a new life!
    Filed Chapter 7, 8/16/05, 341 10/12/05
    Discharged 2/16/06, Case Closed 3/8/06
    FICA Score (Equifax) as of 10/13/06 - 645
    (It was 506 on 10/12/05)

Comment

The upside to starting from the bottom is you can implement all of the life lessons you've picked up over the years. It is easier to construct a skyscraper from the ground up with sound plans than to repair one with shoddy infrastructure.
      Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

Congrats and forge ahead

Comment

Use your "new start" wisely, build in a safety net for the future (savings) and sleep over nite on the "just gotta have purchases".......

Be "realistic" about what you can really afford. Wanting a new car, does not mean you can afford a new car. A good used one may be all the budget will allow.
          Be "realistic" about what you really need. Just because the Jones have it, doesn't mean you need it...

Me, I don't swim, so DUH, why would I need a swimming pool?????

Congradulations on your discharge...........may your future be full of LOVE, LAUGHTER, AND FINANCIAL SUCCESS!!!
          Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X