It's done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's done

Signed my petition this afternoon for Chapter 7. CC debt totaled about $36,500. My attorner said the 341 will be in 4 to 6 weeks. She said she didn't see any problems with my case and that most times NOBODY shows up to ask questions anyways. Wish me luck!

good luck
    Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
    Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
    Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

Best of luck Tman!

Comment

Congrats and my obligatory WELCOME TO THE CLUB!
        Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
        FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
        FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

GOOD LUCK! The 341 meeting was a breeze for us. If your Lawyer does not anticipate any problems, you should be fine. We listened to about 7 different cases before ours, and there were no Creditors there.
          Filed on 8/30, 341 on 9/30, Report of no Dist 10/7, Discharged and Closed 2/1/11

Comment

Good luck!
            Filed Ch. 7: 10-28-2010 Report of No Distribution: 12-16-2010 Disharged and Closed 2-18-1011

Comment

Congrats and good luck!
              Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

Best of luck Tman. 341's are a breeze if you have nothing questionable!!!
                Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
                AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Thanks for all the well wishes. I don't often post here, but it does feel good to be able to know that I am not alone. I was thinking last nite, how lonely it feels to have this secret. I know it shouldn't matter who knows, but we all know it does. I am ashamed of myself for ever being in this position. Probably more than anybody on this forum, I should have known better. I managed a finance company for ten years. I know how the credit industry works and is all about sucking you in and keeping you in. I thought I was smarter than that, but I guess I wasn't. Every year was the year I was going to rid myself of debt. I was going to pay it off, I was going to pay it down, I was going to pay cash, if I consolidated my CC's into one lona I could manage it better etc etc. Problem was once I got a little ahead, something would come up. So I'd use some of the available credit to pay it. I always had the intention of paying that plus my payment next month, but by that time something else came up. I guess I thought I could handle the riptide, but was I ever wrong. Sorry for rambling.

Comment

Originally posted by Tman View Post
                    Thanks for all the well wishes. I don't often post here, but it does feel good to be able to know that I am not alone. I was thinking last nite, how lonely it feels to have this secret. I know it shouldn't matter who knows, but we all know it does. I am ashamed of myself for ever being in this position. Probably more than anybody on this forum, I should have known better. I managed a finance company for ten years. I know how the credit industry works and is all about sucking you in and keeping you in. I thought I was smarter than that, but I guess I wasn't. Every year was the year I was going to rid myself of debt. I was going to pay it off, I was going to pay it down, I was going to pay cash, if I consolidated my CC's into one lona I could manage it better etc etc. Problem was once I got a little ahead, something would come up. So I'd use some of the available credit to pay it. I always had the intention of paying that plus my payment next month, but by that time something else came up. I guess I thought I could handle the riptide, but was I ever wrong. Sorry for rambling.
                    Don't think so Tman. I'm in finance, management, and investments. I managed deposits, credit, mortgages, investments. So no, you're not alone nor more ashamed or embarrassed due to your line of work. Company is welcome though....
                    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
                    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
                      Don't think so Tman. I'm in finance, management, and investments. I managed deposits, credit, mortgages, investments. So no, you're not alone nor more ashamed or embarrassed due to your line of work. Company is welcome though....
                      Well, I am glad I am not alone, but I am sorry we are both in the same position. One of the companies I included was the one I used to work for. In fact they are the ones who started the dominoes to fall. I had an $8,000 line of credit I used for slow times. They just decided to reduce my limit to exactly what I owed at the time - about $1500. I went to use it to pay some bills in January and the check was returned. They didn't even notify me. I called them and they said it was simply a business decision and that they had sent me a notice -I finally received the notice about three weeks later. They had the gall to call me back for a phone survey on how good their service was.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X