top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creditor returned overpayment to BK Court; do I get the funds back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditor returned overpayment to BK Court; do I get the funds back?

Referring to the thread in the following link:

Did you ever find out that answer? I wish I knew cause the same thing happened to me. My lawyer said she is going to call the trustee and find out. I would figure that you should get that back but who knows? Mine was from a car payment and since my case was discharged in sept and this check was returned in July, I would think they would send it to me since I put the car in the bankruptcy anyway. I still have the car and they have yet to come for it. They can have that old thing cause they can't sell it. Its a peice of junk at this point.
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 10-10-2010, 05:58 PM.

Hi cosmogal,

lenstef might not answer, the post is from last year....

....but hopefully someone will see you here and answer, some of the regulars were asset cases.

Tom in Colo
    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Yes cosmogal, Tom is right. Do not call up old posts and ask questions there as you will probably never be seen. Your best bet is to start a new thread and ask your question. I will try to discern your question and create a thread for you.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

More than likely, a creditor who would return funds (a rare experience), would return them the the Trustee who would distribute those equally to the remaining creditors. However, a caveat in this might me that in doing so, he may have to reopen the case to do so. If the amount was to small, he may/might return those funds to you. So these are just conjectures. Best I can do. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X