Schedule J is negative is that Okay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedule J is negative is that Okay

Scheduel J is negative -400 is that okay i am above the median passed the means test with a -90

u want it to be negative

you are ok
    Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
    Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
    Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

Are you reaffirming the car? If I recall you have a 900 car payment? That much negative, your reaff may be rejected by the attorney or judge. Before changing numbers again, talk this over with your attorney.
      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
      AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

The only issue I see is with any reaffirmations you may want to do as Joe mentioned. My attorney told me up front she doesn't sign reaffirmation agreements if the DMI is negative. They don't like to sign those with a negative DMI because it could create a hardship in repaying the loan.
        Filed: 6/30/2010
        341: 7/26/2010
        Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

The attorney I work for signs reaffs even if they are negative DMI, however, she circles "Does" and crosses out "Not" in the section where it speaks to the undue hardship. Just because the judge doesn't approve the reaff, doesn't necessarily mean they'll come get the collateral. If I were the lender (and I was one for many years), I'd much rather just let the borrower continue to pay than be forced to auction the vehicle off, get a portion of what was owed for the car, and not be able to pursue for the difference. I say that about smart lenders... lenders aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer these days.
          Any "suggestions" I offer are not to be deemed as legal advice, as I am not an attorney. "Suggestions" are offered solely based on my life experiences, education, and what I have observed in the work that I do.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X