top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amex, high debt, chase not so high a debt, leaving me messages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amex, in my experience, is by far the worst. I have a close friend who went through BK7 a few years ago and before he filed, Amex tried every trick in the book to get him to pay. They called his parents, his neighbors, even his boss at work. They threatened him with a fraud lawsuit because he paid other creditors during a month he didn't pay them. They were seven kinds of evil, and I would recommend doing everything possible so you don't have to actually talk to them.

Your attorney is right about not telling them you are filing until after you have actually filed. If anything that could make them try to come after you earlier because they know they won't be able to later.

You must call by tonight...or else what? Don't worry about those for a second. As others have said, just turn your phone off and let your voicemail screen all your calls. Check out Google Voice for some extra options...or do a search here for ideas.
    Last edited by researchnerd; 10-15-2010, 09:48 AM.
    DH laid off 3/08 | Last mortgage payment 12/09 | Filed Ch13 5/10 | Converted to Ch7 7/10 | 341 held 8/10 | AP filed by secured creditor 10/10 | Ch7 discharged & closed 11/10 | Foreclosure 10/2011

Comment

I have not answered any calls since Saturday, just let everything go to voice mail. I was going to just shut the ringer off on the phone today, but my new phone only lets me turn off the handsets, not the base. Now if that is not the stupidest thing. I guess I may have to see if my older answering machine will let me turn off the base as well as the handsets, and if it does I will revert back to it.

Awe shucks, the calls started at 8:02 this morning, and Andrew is just waiting anxiously for us to call him back at Amex, as it is urgent they speak with us today, just like yesterday, and the day before........Robert will be next, then Chase will start soon there after,

So far Wells Fargo calls and if you answer they have the automated voice asking you to pay now or press 1 to speak to a representative, yea right!!!

Oh well, it is easier to listen to them on the voice mail than it is having to talk with them. I really did do the best I could over the last six weeks to talk to them every few days, but I just can't do it any more.

I appreciate the reassurance from all of you guys, and the feed back on what to do.
      Hired Attorney 8/28/10 Filed Chapter 7 11/08/10 341 12/14/2010 Report of NO DISTRIBUTION 12/15/2010 Waiting for February 14 2011, date objections due.
      DISCHARGED and CLOSED 2/15/2011

Comment

You can always do what we did, lol. When they ask for so and so, ask what it's regarding. Your at a stalemate, they can't give you any information with verifying who you are, and you don't have to tell them who you are unless they tell you what they are calling about.

Comment

Don't answer their calls. Let them leave messages. There is nothing urgent. They can't even get a judgment entered in the next 60 days if they wanted to. First they would have to file a lawsuit, then they would have to have you served, then wait for you to default (30 days later) and not file a responsive pleading and then get a judgment entered. Then after that, it would take another 30 days to get a writ of execution issued. You will be long filed by that time. First comes the threats, then comes the offers to negotiate your balance and interest. They try anything. Ignore them, don't allow them to make you feel bad about you. As I have said a million times, at the end, there won't an Epitaph on your headstone, that says "Here lies ----, who paid Amex on time". It will all be over soon.
          Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
          341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
          Discharged: 11/30/2009
          Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineGal View Post
            You can always do what we did, lol. When they ask for so and so, ask what it's regarding. Your at a stalemate, they can't give you any information with verifying who you are, and you don't have to tell them who you are unless they tell you what they are calling about.
            sunshine..that is soooo great i love it.
            I never did answer ANY calls. Had those calls for 3 months B4 filing. I used google voice and it was a great way to go.
            Hang in there panda.
            filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
            "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

When they started calling every 5 minutes I couldn't stand it anymore! The other thing I did, was offer to take a message, when they asked if this was the wife, I just repeated I would be happy to take a message. Oh..they still called back, but I would just nicely remind them they had already left 1..2...3, however many messages already and to please quit calling me!

Comment

One of the things that amazed me was how many different #'s came thru for C1. In the end i had 25 different numbers in google voice for them.
                filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

I lucked out by their calls virtually 'blowing up' my answering machine. I bought a new one at Goodwill with the man's mechanical voice saying "Please leave a message". I get a lot of hang ups and very seldom have a message anymore. The 'new' ansewring machine cost me 6.99 and is priceless!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X