top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Converting to chapter 7 tomorrow questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting to chapter 7 tomorrow questions?

We filed chapter 13 in July, made the first payment to the trustee (1265.00) nothing has been disbursed as our case wasn't confirmed yet. We are converting and signed all the paperwork this morning. Does that mean another 341 notice will be mailed to all of my creditors again? Also what happens to the 1265 that i paid to the chapter 13 trustee? The attorney has it listed on my schedules as a refund however he states it will be transfered to the new chapter 7 trustee and a decision will be made. What can they do with it? Also any specific questions i can expect at 341 since we are converting any feedback is appreciated thanks this has been a long road

Everything starts over. You will have to attend another 341, all new notices get mailed out and you have to wait out all the deadlines again. The $1,265 will be returned to you, possibly minus a trustee fee. I don't know why it would be transferred to the chapter 7 trustee? I am guessing that if you cannot exempt the $1,265 the chapter 7 trustee will take it as an asset?

Comment

Does starting over meet also the bank statements that I gave to the Chapter 13 trustee, are no longer used and they will require al new bank statements?

Thanks

Comment

I converted in July. I had to give new bank statements, paystubs, and tax returns. My chapter 13 was confirmed so the trustee gave the money I paid away before my new 341 meeting (all went to my attorney and the trustee).

Good luck!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X