Question about Credit score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Credit score

I been discharged 1 month now, so today I looked at my credit report and scores and they were all over the place.

My TransUnion was 593
    My Experian was 549
    My Equifax was 645

All of 3 of my reports are reporting that everything is included in the BK and all of the balances are at $0.

The only thing that seems odd to me is the way Experian is reporting my BK. In the remarks section next to each item, TransUnion and Equifax reports everything as Included in Chapter 7 bankruptcy-Discharged.

Experian on the other hand is repoting everything as "unpaid balance reported as a loss by credit grantor." Followed by "Debt included in or discharged through Bankruptcy Chapter 7,11, or 12."

What I'm wondering is, because Experian is reporting the unpaid balance led to a loss for the creditor followed by the debt was discharged, is that the reason the Experian credit score is so low. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Where did you get these scores? Unless you got them from myfico dotcom or got them directly from a lender who pulled your reports, they are "fako" scores and don't mean anything whatsoever. Actually they have to be fako scores, Experian doesn't even sell real fico scores anymore.

Experian reports the same way on my reports btw.
    Last edited by mike258; 10-18-2010, 01:38 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Scoring has several models that are used. All will have different scores.

As far as reporting though if they are reporting that - you should dispute it. They are not to state anything other than it was included in bankruptcy. That, more than likely, will not raise your XP score though once fixed.

Comment

Hi antrob,

Who knows what Experian is doing nowadays, they quit the FICO business and went to their own "Plus" score. Supposedly it is similar to a FICO score, but many lenders won't use it and who knows if it will catch on or not.

To get a real FICO you will have to pay for it.

The negative notation on Experian can probably be removed, just pester them with enough letters.

Enjoy,

Tom in Colo
        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Comments won't affect your credit score. I would look at the aging of the charge offs before the account was notated IIB. That is what is most likely affecting your score.
          You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X