Notice of appearance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice of appearance?

Well, I just checked PACER for any updates to my case and here is what I found in our history, under description, entered today is a notice of appearance.

Here is what the document said:

Request for special notice
    case no xxxxxxx
    (No hearing required)

To the Clerk:
    The undersigned attorneys for
    HSBC Bank Nevada, NA
    Menards

a creditor of the above referenced debtor.

Pursuant to the provisions of the Bankruptcy Code and Bankruptcy Rule 2002:
    REQUEST IS HEREBY MADE that HSBC BANK NEVADA, N.A. be given and served with all notices given or required to be given in the case as follows:
    HSBC BANK NEVADA, N.A.
    Bass & Associates, P.C.
    3936 E. Ft. Lowell Road, Suite #200
    Tucson, AZ 85712

Accordingly, the undersigned attorney further requests that the foregoing name and address be added to the Master Mailing List.
    Dated: 10/13/10
    Account Number: ****************
    Respectfully submitted,
    Bass & Associates, P.C.
    By: /s/ Patti H. Bass (AZ 016849)
    Attorneys for Creditor
    HSBC BANK NEVADA, N.A.
    Address
    Tucson, AZ 85712-1083
    Phone number
    email address

For those of you not familiar, Menards is a home improvement store in the midwest, like a home depot.

Am I freaking out about nothing? Does this just mean that they want copies of everything from the court, or does it really mean that they are going to appear at my 341? Why would this letter be listed as "notice of appearance"?

I swear that when I saw "notice of appearance" I started shaking!!

Please tell me that I have nothing to worry about.
    Filed Ch 7 Sept '10, 341 Meeting Oct '10, Discharged Dec '10, Case Closed Jan '11

EQ 2/8/11 - 584, 6/2/11 - 677

It seems like they're actually helping you out by getting the proper address listed on your matrix. Also, it seems like they're just requesting a copy of your bk notice to be sent to the correct address. I could be wrong.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

"Notice of appearance" means that they're "appearing" in response to your case. Doesn't mean you're going to have to show up for a hearing or anything like that. Basically they're saying "Hey, trustee, we're here if you happen to find any assets. Let us know, ok?"
      This post does not constitute legal advice. If you use my advice in place of a lawyer, God help you.

Comment

Originally posted by onthefence View Post
        Well, I just checked PACER for any updates to my case and here is what I found in our history, under description, entered today is a notice of appearance.

Here is what the document said:

Request for special notice
        case no xxxxxxx
        (No hearing required)

To the Clerk:
        The undersigned attorneys for
        HSBC Bank Nevada, NA
        Menards

a creditor of the above referenced debtor.

Pursuant to the provisions of the Bankruptcy Code and Bankruptcy Rule 2002:
        REQUEST IS HEREBY MADE that HSBC BANK NEVADA, N.A. be given and served with all notices given or required to be given in the case as follows:
        HSBC BANK NEVADA, N.A.
        Bass & Associates, P.C.
        3936 E. Ft. Lowell Road, Suite #200
        Tucson, AZ 85712

Accordingly, the undersigned attorney further requests that the foregoing name and address be added to the Master Mailing List.
        Dated: 10/13/10
        Account Number: ****************
        Respectfully submitted,
        Bass & Associates, P.C.
        By: /s/ Patti H. Bass (AZ 016849)
        Attorneys for Creditor
        HSBC BANK NEVADA, N.A.
        Address
        Tucson, AZ 85712-1083
        Phone number
        email address

For those of you not familiar, Menards is a home improvement store in the midwest, like a home depot.

Am I freaking out about nothing? Does this just mean that they want copies of everything from the court, or does it really mean that they are going to appear at my 341? Why would this letter be listed as "notice of appearance"?

I swear that when I saw "notice of appearance" I started shaking!!

Please tell me that I have nothing to worry about.
        it means they are going to send u a reaffirmation agreement for u to sign
        they want u to either reaffirm whatever u bought at that store or they will come get the merchandise(so they say)
        ignore them and don't sign it, they will not come get your stuff
        Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
        Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
        Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

Thanks all for your replies - it doesn't take too much these days to send me into total freakout!! Our 341 is next week, so my nerves are already on high alert!

Thanks again!
          Filed Ch 7 Sept '10, 341 Meeting Oct '10, Discharged Dec '10, Case Closed Jan '11

EQ 2/8/11 - 584, 6/2/11 - 677

Comment

It is just a standard notice in any legal case notifying the court that the Bank's is having its attorneys represent it, and all notices are to be sent to them.
            Ch 7 filed 11/09 discharged 6/10

Comment

Try not to worry. This is a standard procedure. Some creditor in the food chain thinks something might be there, and wants to be kept apprised of whatever happens in your case.

For us it was a Ramseh Singh (spelling?) of a Recovery Management Systems (or similar name). I had a membership card at Sam's Club, long expired before we filed. That card had a credit line on it that I didn't know of, so never used. We just wanted to be able to get in the door.

When this notice appeared in our case on PACER, and 'Hub called the agency, and told them what I just wrote here, they filed paperwork to have themselves removed from our case.

Good luck.
              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I got one today from my mortgage company. Ha!
                Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X