Is the coast clear? LOL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the coast clear? LOL.

I'm at my 30-day mark today. 30 more to go for my final day of objection, then I'll be discharged on 11/23. Is this the tougher half of the 60-day club, or what?
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Don't know yet, but will be there soon, 14 days I think
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Yep. My bar date is Monday 10/25, and these last few weeks have been d r a g g i n g . . .

Just so you know, you may not automatically receive your discharge on the exact date your 60 days is up. It can happen any time after that, but it can take a few days, weeks, or months to conclude. More on that here: http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...ischarge...Why
      DH laid off 3/08 | Last mortgage payment 12/09 | Filed Ch13 5/10 | Converted to Ch7 7/10 | 341 held 8/10 | AP filed by secured creditor 10/10 | Ch7 discharged & closed 11/10 | Foreclosure 10/2011

Comment

drowning

I don't know about you but the more I thought about it, the more I got anxious. I'd tell from experience is don't worry. No news is good news. If they object, they would waste no time doing so. During the last few days, my level of anxiety just kept going and I checked pacer on the last days for how many times I don't remember but still no discharge. Then the next day, it showed up with auto discharge and a few days later, that piece of paper came in the mail.
        Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

It is actually quite rare that creditors object to discharge. Typically if would be for one of three reasons: 1) You used the credit within the presumption period (90 days prior to filing); 2) You lied on the application (for example overstating income) making yourself appear to be a more attractive borrower to the creditor 3) You took out the credit with no intention of paying it - evidenced by not having even attempted to pay it from the time it was taken out. If you did none of those things... As for the US trustee.... you'd probably have heard "something" if there was an issue there if you're already at day 30.
          Any "suggestions" I offer are not to be deemed as legal advice, as I am not an attorney. "Suggestions" are offered solely based on my life experiences, education, and what I have observed in the work that I do.

Comment

You are in the home stretch drowing, hope you get your discharge on schedule, boy would that make a Happy Thanksgiving!

Tom in Colo
            Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
              Don't know yet, but will be there soon, 14 days I think
              Oh, OH. Shes got a new timer on the desktop. LOL

My timer is titled Last Day To Object. Dec 6....At midnight. 46 days, 6hrs. blah blah blah
              I think my timer is broke. Seems it is going slower every day.
              Can't believe it has only been 14 days since 341,or 342!!!
              Seems like an eternity ago.
              Last edited by oregonpilot; 10-22-2010, 04:20 PM.
              filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
              "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

I'm with you guys, the waiting is the WORST! My last day for objections is 11/29...I keep checking PACER every day and nothing new. Hope I make it without blowing up. I am so bad at being patient! We should have a Nailbiters Club :-)
                A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X