top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Girlfriend is gone, so is most the income....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Felony convictions

I have felony convictions from 1996 for fraud and embezzlement, and for forging court documents and unauthorized practice of law in 2005, I have run background checks on myself (and had companies do them too), the major ones too, like LN and Equifax. Nothing shows up. So I just check "no". I own two franchises and the franchiser swears they do rigorous background checks but in the end all they care about is the money. I was offered a manager position at Lowes one time, and they did a background check pre-interview, when I came in I was honest and shown the door, had I lied, I would still have that job, b/c I pulled my consumer report from LN and it still shows their inquiry with no conviction record.

So don't despair, it is possible to get a job with convictions.

Comment

Originally posted by indebtbad View Post
      Oh, one more thing, I work as a bouncer at a club, it pays roughly $100 a night for four nights a week (I get tips from bar staff and make minimum wage) so I am only working 24 hours a week. There really isn't more opportunity for more hours at my current job, but I can't for the life of me find anything else. Even fast food jobs have turned me down flat. Is the trustee going to assume I am a lazy bumb because I am not working 40 + hours a week?
      There are soooo many unemployed and underemployed people out there right now that I doubt the Trustee will even think twice about it. If they do ask you, I'd leave out the part about the felony and suspended license, and just say that you've looked for more work (and will continue to do so) but haven't found anything yet. You're definitely not alone.
      DH laid off 3/08 | Last mortgage payment 12/09 | Filed Ch13 5/10 | Converted to Ch7 7/10 | 341 held 8/10 | AP filed by secured creditor 10/10 | Ch7 discharged & closed 11/10 | Foreclosure 10/2011

Comment

Actually I would NOT leave out the part of Felony and Suspended License to the Trustee. This makes it seem more believable that he is struggling -- Trustee cannot do anything about the fact he has a Felony. Just my 2cents.
        Chapter 13 Filed November 10, 2010 Indiana - Southern District - United States Seventh Circuit
        Attended 341 hearing 12/15/2010

Comment

Nothing in the bk code requires you to be employed or, fully employed.
          This is a non issue. Heck, many people file bk and have no job.
          I'd just wait out filing for a bit. If you aren't gonna sell your house, stop paying the mortgage and use that money to support yourself. Stay in that house until you get a DL and are able to relocate if that's what you want to do.
          Stop paying the cc debt as well.

Comment

Well I'm going to wait six months before filing I think, so I am hoping to pick up some more work before then. Thanks again for everything, I guess I'm just going to have to stop being upfront with employers.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X