top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I called Vital Recovery Svc. because they won't stop annoying me.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I called Vital Recovery Svc. because they won't stop annoying me.....

Last week I got several obnoxious phone messages - the callers actually YELLED into my machine calling out to me.. *******, I know you're there.....ANSWER THE PHONE.......over an over. Kind of reminded me of the freaky kid catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Then Saturday I received a letter dated Nov 1 (I filed BK beginning of Sept) offering me a special deal (80% of the debt which is still more than it was originally)

.....so today I called Vital Recovery Services to let them know I filed BK and to stop with the calls and mail. I was prepared to give them my BK info etc....the woman kept halfway listening and then telling me HOLD ON....and she'd go away from the phone....she did it 3X while trying to understand that I am not GOING to file..I have ALREADY filed....then one last HOLD ON and she hung up on me. Is that a normal response? Is this their way of playing dumb so they can still call and mail collection crap to me? Should I call back and say HERE IS MY BK CASE NUMBER? Or just wait and see what happens? The messages they left on my machine last week were actually creepy and disturbing. I really don't want that garbage coming my way again. Was me calling them today and giving them a heads up enough to keep them away from me? I wasn't able to give them any solid info at all before they hung up.

Thanks for your replies.

What I would do is send them a copy of the notice of bankruptcy via certified mail, return receipt requested. I'd include a letter stating that you have filed, are providing them with a copy of the notice, and any further action on their part is a violation of the stay. Then keep the green card/return receipt in your files. I would also save any recordings such as the obnoxious one you just quoted, along with letters from them and note dates and times of calls etc. If they continue to try to collect, you could go after them for their violations.

ETA: if you have an attorney, let him know what you've received and perhaps he can give them a friendly phone call
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Were they on your mailing matrix? If so, they've already violated the law, and pretty egregiously at that. I'd consider going after damages.
      Filed Ch 7 pro se Oct 2010 . Filed student loan AP pro se Feb 2011 . Discharged Feb 2011 . AP trial 1/10/2012 . $28K in student loans dismissed Jan 2012 . ECMC appealed. Appeal hearing 7/2012. Original judgment upheld 9/2012.

Comment

Thank you guys for the ideas of how to handle this. I can't wait to tell my husband how the acted on the phone. I am not one to make these types of calls at all (usually I put him up to it) but I felt like I was in the right and wanted them to know the situation and back off since I really did not enjoy their tactics. We have had a lot of people calling over the past year but never anybody this creepy or nasty.

Wipetheslate - the original debt was to Nissan Motor who IS on the BK. These guys must have bought that debt? And honestly the Nissan debt I don't believe is valid anyway. They say I missed a lease payment and I do not believe I ever did in 36 months.....but since we wound up in this BK process we figured just add Nissan Motor to the list.......so maybe now this vital recovery knows they will stop?

Comment

Hmmm, I think it's a coincidence that it was sold. And I say that sarcastically. I've received 3 collection letters since we've filed, all of which are NEW collectors meaning they have sold it. What a coincidence that they sell it when I file, or they will say before I filed. MMMHm

I'd do the letter return receipt. Also, when they call, I'd let them know I'm recording the call. They'll probably hang up immediately. Keep your phone records to keep track of when they've called and keep notes.

***holes.
          I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
          Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

Good job free2breath !!

drowningNIL, do what free2breath said and document everything...including how much time you spend on this. That forms the basis for damages in BK court.

Hope you get to court and make them pay for your next vacation!

Tom in Colo
            Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X