when do you pay the court fee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when do you pay the court fee?

I remember reading somewhere that there would be a $299 filing fee that we would have to pay to the court. However, I don't know when to pay it or who to pay it to. Does the court send you a bill?

Thanks in advance.

When you actually file, you turn in your paperwork along with your payment.
    Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

Also, just to note, if you cannot come up with the entire $299 at the time of filing, there is an official form you can fill out and submit with an installment plan. In our case, I requested four payments over the course of three months, and the court accepted it without question.

If you fall within the income requirements, which I believe is something like 150% of the national poverty guidelines, you can apply for a fee waiver. Check your local district's website for more information.
      Last edited by free2breathe; 11-08-2010, 06:26 PM. Reason: redundancy fix
      Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Hi runnersdelig,

It has to be paid at time of filing unless you are submitting the form for a fee waiver or installments. Also check w/ the court clerk to see what they will take for payment, might be cash only....probably the best for BK people...

Tom in Colo
        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

I pulled up my case on PACER and it says "Receipt of filing fee for Voluntary Petition Chapter 7 case upload(xxxxxxx) [xxxxx] ( 299.00). Receipt number xxxxxxx0. Fee amount $ 299.00. (U.S. Treasury) (Entered: 07/30/2010 at 14:19:57)"

I'm assuming that I don't need to pay it since it looks like my attorney already took care of it? I just don't want to get screwed later.

Comment

Originally posted by runnersdelig View Post
            I pulled up my case on PACER and it says "Receipt of filing fee for Voluntary Petition Chapter 7 case upload(xxxxxxx) [xxxxx] ( 299.00). Receipt number xxxxxxx0. Fee amount $ 299.00. (U.S. Treasury) (Entered: 07/30/2010 at 14:19:57)"

I'm assuming that I don't need to pay it since it looks like my attorney already took care of it? I just don't want to get screwed later.
            I'd say that is an accurate observation. Fee has been paid. You are officially filed
            Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X