60 Days Are Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 Days Are Up

My 60 days were up as of yesterday. I have been checking Pacer religously, as of today there has nothing been filed that puts my discharge in jeopardy. So am I in the clear now? Is there anything that a trustee/creditor can do to mess up my discharge? Do I just wait till my dishcarge is processed? I will need to surrender a car (upside down big time) and buy a new one; should I do it before or after the discharge is official?
    $160k Unsecured; Way Over Median
    Filed CH 7: 7/28/10; 341 Meeting: 9/7/10 (Was A Breeze)
    Dishcarged: 11/9/10; Case Closed: 12/2/10

Have patience, grasshopper. You should be in the clear, just wait for the Powers That Be to get around to discharging you. I know it's difficult!

While you're waiting, check out this thread: http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...ischarge...Why

I'm in a similar situation - way over median, just discharged yesterday, 2 weeks after my bar date. I'm $10k upside-down on my car and will be surrendering it, but I'm gonna drive it for as long as I can. When they call me about surrendering, I'll give it up willingly, but I'm not going to instigate the process. The longer I drive it, the longer I can save to buy my next car...with CASH. My plan is to buy a beater and drive it for 6-12 months, save what I no longer have to pay in car payments, then think about getting something newer.

If you will be buying with cash (and I hope you will), when you buy a new car is up to you. As long as you've received a Report of No Distribution I don't think the Trustee will care. Partly it depends on whether you can go without a car at all, and if so, for how long. But if you want to finance a car, at least for a few months after discharge, you may have to hunt around, your interest rate will be astronomical. Tons of info here: http://www.bkforum.com/forumdisplay....a-car-after-BK
    DH laid off 3/08 | Last mortgage payment 12/09 | Filed Ch13 5/10 | Converted to Ch7 7/10 | 341 held 8/10 | AP filed by secured creditor 10/10 | Ch7 discharged & closed 11/10 | Foreclosure 10/2011

Comment

Looking around 90 days after 341 meeting for me. I asked my lawyer some advice about the discharge date and extending my stay in my house. When I mentioned the discharge date should be around the middle of November, he told me it should be at least another month (putting it around 90 days or longer). I live in Southern California and I am guessing the BK courts must be swamped. I am guessing around the end of of December now. I know the anxiety you are feeling. I am trying to plan my entire life around this discharge.

Comment

I wanted to drive as long as I could as well but the registration tags are due this month at about $600 so there is now way I'm gonna pay that. Therefore if I keep driving with expired tags I will be popped by the cops.
        $160k Unsecured; Way Over Median
        Filed CH 7: 7/28/10; 341 Meeting: 9/7/10 (Was A Breeze)
        Dishcarged: 11/9/10; Case Closed: 12/2/10

Comment

Be patient ConfusedinOC. It took us over 100 days post 341 to get our discharge!. It will come. You are clear just so you passed your last day for objections, which you have. The Clerks are way behind and in OC.
          Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
          341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
          Discharged: 11/30/2009
          Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

I'm at day 75 and when I called the court, they said it could take until the end of the month. It is frustrating after all of this to have to wait for the discharge. Not sure if this will help you, but since I am a student, I am using the analogy of the semester has ended, I got an A and now I'm just waiting for the report card in the mail. Nothing can change the A. So for the BK, the time for objections has passed, so I'm safe. As far as I know, nothing can stop my discharge, I just have to wait for them to post it. Not sure if thinking of it like this helps you, but it has kept me from checking Pacer every 5 minutes! Hope all of our discharges come through soon!
            Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
            341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
            Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by 2manybills View Post
              Be patient ConfusedinOC. It took us over 100 days post 341 to get our discharge!. It will come. You are clear just so you passed your last day for objections, which you have. The Clerks are way behind and in OC.
              WOW, not to bad then. We are 23 days post bar date in the IE and I also have been getting frustrated. I check PACER everyday and still nothing. I guess we all just need more patients.

ST
              Filed 7 - 7/8/10, 341 - 8/17/10 - Continued, Presumption of Abuse Filed - 8/27/10
              Report of No Distribution 9/27/10. Discharged 2/7/11 Closed 02/25/1
              10/12 EXP. 681

Comment

The Central District of California in both the IE and OC are hearing 20 Chapter 7 cases an hour. In LA, they are hearing about 40 Downtown with 3 courtrooms going at a time. The are truly on overload. When you reach Day 90, give a call to the Clerk. They are pretty friendly and will let you know what day they are working on. Your discharge is coming.
                Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
                341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
                Discharged: 11/30/2009
                Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

I was surprised how fast they work in TX. Only waited one day for the discharge to show up in pacer. It took around 3 days for the discharge letter and about 7 days for the case closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X