Exemptions allowed in state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exemptions allowed in state

Anyone have a list by state what exemptions are allowed? Im doing some research on my own and wanted to see what our state allows.
    I spoke with two attorneys, one was nice young fresh out of school but made us feel comfortable, has done a few cases already.

Another was older, a complete jerk to us and said they had to look up the statues.

The first attorney said we where allowed to exempt $12g wage earned income, while the 2nd attorney simply said if you had money why file and that she would have to look up the statue but thought it was 12g total, money personal belongings etc.. but wasnt sure.

We arent looking to have a lot of money saved up but at least 3g to move, that would pay for first months rent and deposit.

I just answered most of this on the Florida groups thread. There is an exemption for head of household wages up to 6 months. you can find the details here:

With the Florida bankruptcy exemptions, your assets can be exempt from bankruptcy. Learn how you can be protected from creditors.

Also, spend some time browsing through this site; it is filled with useful information.

Alper Law is a Florida law firm with attorneys focusing on asset protection, garnishment, bankruptcy, real estate, adoption, and estate planning law.
    Last edited by SunshineGal; 11-10-2010, 07:02 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X