Car and Credit card with Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car and Credit card with Chase

If I do a chapter 7 and hope to discharge a credit card debt with Chase, can they repossess an automobile that is current and financed with them? I'm in Arkansas. The car will be paid off within the year, so I really don't want to lose it. Thanks!
    Filed 1/31/11 341 3/2/11 Waiting for discharge........

Originally posted by Jacey View Post
    If I do a chapter 7 and hope to discharge a credit card debt with Chase, can they repossess an automobile that is current and financed with them? I'm in Arkansas. The car will be paid off within the year, so I really don't want to lose it. Thanks!

No, I was in the same situation with Chase. Both Loans are "Chase", but 2 different divisions. Keep paying your Auto Loan and you will be fine.
    Filed on 8/30, 341 on 9/30, Report of no Dist 10/7, Discharged and Closed 2/1/11

Comment

I would highly doubt it. What's funny is I got a car loan with Chase, despite the fact that I owed them $1000 on a credit card I had with them, that I had not paid in over a year. Seems to me they don't even check, almost as if it is a separate business.
      I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
      Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

Hi all,

Seems to me they don't even check, almost as if it is a separate business. ...welcome to megacorpconglomerates, divisions operate w/o talking to each other, probably aren't even in the same state.

Jacey, just a heads up, when you file BK, Chase cannot contact you, you have to contact them. The automatic stay restricts creditors communication w/ you, so they might stop sending payment statements and/or ending online access. If they do, contact them and ask to get statements/online access again. Since you want to keep the car, stay current even through the BK.

Tom in Colo
        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Originally posted by dumpinmydebt View Post
          Seems to me they don't even check, almost as if it is a separate business.
          Seems like they don't check period. I had a forgotten zero balance Chase CC account survive my Chapter 7.
          Still open a year later. Amazing when they were 2nd worst with the collection calls. AmEx was the worst. Have an AmEx card too, but it showed up after discharge.
          No Asset 7 closed 11/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X