I didn't pre-plan my BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't pre-plan my BK

I had no idea it was the smart thing to do. I didn't expect to ever file, but who did? right?
    Less than a month ago, I finally admitted to myself that I created this mess & I had to take the steps and confront my financial problem. I have no savings, never heard of pre-planning a BK until a few weeks ago when I came across this website. So much information but I don't have enough time to wait another 6 months to file.
    I thought I had it under control and destroyed my CC's. I paid my attorney off this week. Next plan was to save 1/2 of my next paycheck for emergency savings use.
    My car decided to mess up my plan to the tune of $760 in immediate repairs. I had to borrow money from my boss until my next paycheck. How embarrassing!
    My advice to anyone just joining this forum is preplan, quit paying the debt and take care of your needs first! I am so happy to have "found" this website. Reading the valuable information here, has calmed my fear of the unknown. Definitely educating me about BK and the future after BK.
    10/18/10 Admitted to self I can't continue to live off CC; 11/19/10 Filed Chapter 7, 341 scheduled 1/5/11

Glad to have you onboard janie! Welcome!

Any help we can give you, just post away,

Sharing your experience with others, jump on board....

Tom in Colo
    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X