Almost there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost there

Since Monday (the 15th) is my discharge date and everyone on here has been SSOOOOO helpful I have a few more questions.....
    1) Is there any precautions or things we shouldn't do after the discharge??
    2) When we file taxes the start of 2011 for the year 2010 how will we know if the trustee wants some of the refund?? Will they send us a letter or something?
    3) We are thinking about buying a house in the next 5 years. How hard is it to get a mortgage? Do we have to wait a certain amount of time after the discharge?

Originally posted by jelo6875 View Post
    Since Monday (the 15th) is my discharge date and everyone on here has been SSOOOOO helpful I have a few more questions.....
    1) Is there any precautions or things we shouldn't do after the discharge??
    2) When we file taxes the start of 2011 for the year 2010 how will we know if the trustee wants some of the refund?? Will they send us a letter or something?
    3) We are thinking about buying a house in the next 5 years. How hard is it to get a mortgage? Do we have to wait a certain amount of time after the discharge?
    1) don't get into more credit debt
    3) u will have to wait 2-3 years
    Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
    Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
    Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

To my knowledge, if the trustee wanted any of your 2011 taxes he/she would have said something at the 341 or shortly afterwards.
      Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
      341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
      Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

Did your attorney mark your refund as an exemption? That's how my filing is, and the exemption for my state about covers it.
        Ch7 no asset Filed 11/23 341 12/21 discharged: 2/22/11 I am soooo totally not a lawyer, but i wish i had married one! Does that count for anything?

Comment

BKlooker....I have no clue if it is marked as an exemption?? Nothing was ever mentioned about it?? I also know not to take on more debt after the bankruptcy but is there anything we could do to jeopardize our discharge or after it is done it is done???

Comment

Check the paper work you filed and see if it was marked as an exemption (and/or call your attorney to confirm this). How much of a refund are you looking at getting? If it's less than $1K, from what I have read, many trustees won't bother to go for it even if you don't exempt it. If it is due to be more than that, i am willing to bet your attorney exempted it for you.

In any event, if you haven't heard from the trustee about it by now, it's a safe bet that it's not going to be an issue, as i highly doubt they would wait this long to review that. They would tell you how much they wanted and when it was due to them, etc. within the 10 days since your 341 if it was going to be an issue.

But again...I am not an attorney, and it's best to double check with yours about it.

As far as 'jeopardizing you discharge', what do you mean..is there something specific you are worried about? The only thing at this point that would really jeopardize it is if a creditor files an AP at the last minute, and even that would only apply to some individual charge or something, for which you could settle on seperatly (not sure of the specifics of your case). Relax...chances are you will be fine.
            Ch7 no asset Filed 11/23 341 12/21 discharged: 2/22/11 I am soooo totally not a lawyer, but i wish i had married one! Does that count for anything?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X