Attorney Closed our file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attorney Closed our file?

We have been anxiously awaiting the closing of our bk case--discharged now for 2 weeks plus. Today, I received the discharge paperwork from our attorney with a letter about debts not listed on the discharge and what to do if you reaffirmed a debt (which we did not), etc., etc. It also says that for their purposes our case is closed. They are moving our file to storage. Pacer, on the other hand, does not show it as closed. Is this a good sign? Does this mean they will be closing our case soon, or simply that for the attorney's purposes, our BK case is closed?

Thanks,
    Concerned

The attorney is generally 99% done with you after the 341 ends. Even so, I would say that no news is good news. You would know by now if the trustee were interested in any property, or if your creditors filed objections.

Were you ruled a no asset case?
    Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

Hi Staci:

Thanks for the info. This makes sense. He also provided fees for file retrieval--$25.00, and "new lingering issues" retainer of $100.

Yes, we're "no asset" according to PACER, which also indicates 15 days "Awaiting Closing". We were going to be in touch with our attorney once our case was officially closed to discuss our options and expected timeline. I am hoping it will show by the end of the week. We have alredy made the payment for March so the way I see it is we have an entire month before we would need to contact the attorney about giving up the home. We didn't reaffirm and we have been on time on all payments.
      Last edited by concerned; 03-02-2006, 03:44 PM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X