Question about furniture and secured items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about furniture and secured items

Ok there have been a few recent posts about Wells Fargo claiming they want the furniture back - my question is a little bit different.

We bought furniture about 2 years ago from Rooms to Go (GE Money). To be honest I'm not sure if the furniture was secured or not. Let's just say it is.

Yesterday I received a letter from a large JDB company stating that they have purchased the debt from GE Money and to pay them blah blah blah. So what happens now if the furniture was secured? Could GE Money try to get me to reaffirm (which I would never - I'd let my dogs have at it first....lol)?
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
    Ok there have been a few recent posts about Wells Fargo claiming they want the furniture back - my question is a little bit different.

We bought furniture about 2 years ago from Rooms to Go (GE Money). To be honest I'm not sure if the furniture was secured or not. Let's just say it is.

Yesterday I received a letter from a large JDB company stating that they have purchased the debt from GE Money and to pay them blah blah blah. So what happens now if the furniture was secured? Could GE Money try to get me to reaffirm (which I would never - I'd let my dogs have at it first....lol)?
    i doubt GE will send u a reaffirmation agreement
    i would take that letter and show it to your attorney if u have one.otherwise i would just ignore it
    Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
    Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
    Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

Hey Freddy,

...you know the drill: first squeeze you for cash, push reaffirmation on you, threaten, then go away.

List them both, don't give either a dime.

Tom in Colo
      Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Originally posted by tcreegan View Post
        Hey Freddy,

...you know the drill: first squeeze you for cash, push reaffirmation on you, threaten, then go away.

List them both, don't give either a dime.

Tom in Colo
        That's what I was thinking

I was just curious if b/c GE doesn't "own" the debt anymore do they have the rights to ask for the stuff back.
        "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X