I'm Pissed - No Unemployment Extension Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Pissed - No Unemployment Extension Talk

I can't believe this, I am watching the news this week, and I have only heard a couple quick conversations about unemployment extensions that must go through this week or the last 2 days of November or 2 MILLION PEOPLE GO WITHOUT THEIR UI PAYMENTS.

I am amazed, all day they have been talking about prince williams royal wedding in London. The idiot on MSNBC actually said, "I know many of you are going to email or facebook me complaining that a royal wedding doesn't matter, but it does..."

He actually admits people are more concerned about the deficit, social programs, and you know stuff like millions losing any source of money to put food on their tables. President Obama is doing a bunch of ceremonial trips and performances, but isn't forcing the debate to the public right now.

This just pisses me off so much. I think we are just going to quietly ignore the problem and hope millions of people just quietly disappear off the Earth

Originally posted by helpme2010 View Post
    I can't believe this, I am watching the news this week, and I have only heard a couple quick conversations about unemployment extensions that must go through this week or the last 2 days of November or 2 MILLION PEOPLE GO WITHOUT THEIR UI PAYMENTS.

I am amazed, all day they have been talking about prince williams royal wedding in London. The idiot on MSNBC actually said, "I know many of you are going to email or facebook me complaining that a royal wedding doesn't matter, but it does..."

He actually admits people are more concerned about the deficit, social programs, and you know stuff like millions losing any source of money to put food on their tables. President Obama is doing a bunch of ceremonial trips and performances, but isn't forcing the debate to the public right now.

This just pisses me off so much. I think we are just going to quietly ignore the problem and hope millions of people just quietly disappear off the Earth
    sorry to hear about your problems.i know its stressfull not knowing whats going to happen with your UI payments.theres nothing u can do to
    so try to relax
    Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
    Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
    Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

Thanks scorpion, i'm taking your advice and relaxing and enjoying the tv, but still hoping the media speaks up about this and tries to get some voices heard.

Comment

helpme,

I am in the same boat as you. I'm waiting and hoping just like you. Something has got to give. Come on Obama!
        Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

The Honorable Max Baucus
          Chairman
          Committee on Finance
          United States Senate
          219 Dirksen Senate Office Building
          Washington, D.C. 20510

The Honorable Chuck Grassley
          Ranking Member
          Committee on Finance
          United States Senate
          Washington, D.C. 20510

Note: Due to security precautions taken by the U.S. Senate, outside mail is delayed 7-10 days; therefore, whenever possible, you may also consider faxing your letter(s) to 202-228-0554.

Get this out of committee and onto the floor for a vote:

H.R. 4213: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010

Now.

Subcommittee on Social Security, Pensions, and Family Policy
          Chairman
          Blanche L. Lincoln, AR

Ranking Member
          Pat Roberts, KS

Democrats
          John D. Rockefeller, IV, WV
          Kent Conrad, ND
          Charles E. Schumer, NY
          Bill Nelson, FL

Republicans
          Jon Kyl, AZ
          John Ensign, NV
          Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Originally posted by tcreegan View Post
            The Honorable Max Baucus
            Chairman
            Committee on Finance
            United States Senate
            Washington, D.C. 20510

The Honorable Chuck Grassley
            Ranking Member
            Committee on Finance
            United States Senate
            Washington, D.C. 20510

Note: Due to security precautions taken by the U.S. Senate, outside mail is delayed 7-10 days; therefore, whenever possible, you may also consider faxing your letter(s) to 202-228-0554.

Get this out of committee and onto the floor for a vote:

H.R. 4213: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010

Now.

Subcommittee on Social Security, Pensions, and Family Policy
            Chairman
            Blanche L. Lincoln, AR

Ranking Member
            Pat Roberts, KS

Democrats
            John D. Rockefeller, IV, WV
            Kent Conrad, ND
            Charles E. Schumer, NY
            Bill Nelson, FL

Republicans
            Jon Kyl, AZ
            John Ensign, NV
            Thanks everyone for chiming in and tcgreegan, I love your post with contact names. We had a lot of dialogue on the last post I did like this a week ago. I am going to visit the websites of the people you posted up here and chime in.

I heard a congresswoman from Illionois Janet .... state on the Lawrence Odonnell show on MSNBC last night around 11pm pst say if the republicans expect the democrats to extend the tax cuts for the wealthy, they had better extend unemployment benefits for the poor.

I was cheering loudly when I heard this. My point of this post was about seeing this topic come up in the media more, especially this month as we need the vote this month for us to get our extension benefits. Each day of silence is another day that the extension will likely fail.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X