341 Notice to creditor returned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Notice to creditor returned

I filed pro se, but this forum has more action.

The creditor whose notice was returned is one that was not on any credit reports, and they had sold the debt to another company that was on my mailing matrix as well. I'm leaning towards letting it go because I did notify the company they sold the debt to as well as another firm that sent me a letter and said they were representing the second company that bought the debt. Should I bother trying to find an updated address or just let it go?

Another question concerns a letter from a law firm that says they represent FIA Card Services, which appears to be the collections company for Bank of America. I had both FIA Card Services and Bank of America on my mailing matrix. This letter was sent after my filing date but probably before either FIA or BoA would have received my 341 notice. Do I need to add this law firm to my mailing matrix, which will cost me money? Or can I just ignore the letter?
    Filed Ch 7 pro se Oct 2010 . Filed student loan AP pro se Feb 2011 . Discharged Feb 2011 . AP trial 1/10/2012 . $28K in student loans dismissed Jan 2012 . ECMC appealed. Appeal hearing 7/2012. Original judgment upheld 9/2012.

Hi wipetheslate,

Send them the BK notice w/ case# and file date, use certified mail, return recpt requested so you have a record that you sent it. Fastest, easiest, cheapest solution.

Tom in Colo

ps: how did the 341 rescheduling/trip to mainland work out?
    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Good idea. Peace of mind for a couple bucks.

As to rescheduling--I never heard a peep from the trustee even though I contacted him via phone and e-mail. But then a miracle happened for this non-believer: my doctor's assistant e-mailed to reschedule my appointments to the following week!! I quickly forwarded the e-mail to the trustee and canceled my request for a date change. Still never heard from him, but, oh well.

Originally posted by tcreegan View Post
      Hi wipetheslate,

Send them the BK notice w/ case# and file date, use certified mail, return recpt requested so you have a record that you sent it. Fastest, easiest, cheapest solution.

Tom in Colo

ps: how did the 341 rescheduling/trip to mainland work out?
      Filed Ch 7 pro se Oct 2010 . Filed student loan AP pro se Feb 2011 . Discharged Feb 2011 . AP trial 1/10/2012 . $28K in student loans dismissed Jan 2012 . ECMC appealed. Appeal hearing 7/2012. Original judgment upheld 9/2012.

Comment

Originally posted by wipetheslate View Post
        I filed pro se, but this forum has more action.

The creditor whose notice was returned is one that was not on any credit reports, and they had sold the debt to another company that was on my mailing matrix as well. I'm leaning towards letting it go because I did notify the company they sold the debt to as well as another firm that sent me a letter and said they were representing the second company that bought the debt. Should I bother trying to find an updated address or just let it go?

Another question concerns a letter from a law firm that says they represent FIA Card Services, which appears to be the collections company for Bank of America. I had both FIA Card Services and Bank of America on my mailing matrix. This letter was sent after my filing date but probably before either FIA or BoA would have received my 341 notice. Do I need to add this law firm to my mailing matrix, which will cost me money? Or can I just ignore the letter?
        Should only be an issue if you're an asset case, correct?
        No Asset 7 closed 11/09

Comment

Originally posted by wipetheslate View Post

I had this happen too. I just called the law firm to tell them, gave them our case number. I'll only pay to add them if they try and continue with further collections. But so far, I haven't heard a peep.
          I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
          Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

All info above is good, however, you have met your best faith efforts, and no new efforts should be required. Do as you wish but if returned again, forget it. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

a miracle happened for this non-believer: my doctor's assistant e-mailed to reschedule my appointments to the following week

...for all you have been through, you deserve all the miracles you can get !!

Tom in Colo
              Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X