PACER Flag Question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PACER Flag Question....

I posted about my issue but figured I'd ask a different way because I am so worried

On pacer it used to say this...

MEANSNO AUDIT - NO CLOSE

Now after an odd docket entry last night it says just MEANSNO

is that a good change? I am confused because the docket entry posted last night (when i also noticed the flag change) doesn't sound so good...

The entry was something about how the audit was unable to be completed because the debtor (us) did not respond to auditor's request for information (never got anything to respond to) and there is no follow up date or anyting just that we didn't respond

11/3 we had the ust message that the motion to dismiss is not appropriate

10/29 presumption of abuse 707b

10/19 341 and some major grilling

thanks - i am stuck for a few hours til the attny gets into his office but i am tense now

MEANSNO would be No assest or no Money or ( Means) that is a great thing for chapet 7. my take anyway
    Filled 5-2010
    7-2010 341 Meeting (Chapter 7 No Asset)
    8-2010 Discharged/Case closed!

Comment

Hi drowningNIL,

meansno = no presumption of abuse on the means test = good, passed means test

10/29 presumption of abuse 707b 11/3 ust... motion to dismiss is not appropriate

UST didn't find a presumption of abuse, not going to dismiss your case Both good things

AUDIT means just what is sounds like, you case is being audited

The UST is supposed to audit 1 in 200 cases at random. Since the UST hasn't had a problem w/ your case up till now, hopefully it is a random audit.

I would be very proactive about this and get your atty to find out what the UST wants and get it to them.

Good luck w/ this...

Tom in Colo
      Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Thanks for the replies....

the AUDIT NO CLOSE is gone now as of last night. So wouldn't that mean no audit event exists now? And this is the exact wording on the docket report

Report of Audit (Unable to Complete). Pursuant to 28.U.S.C. 586(f)(1), the United States Trustee contracted for an audit to be performed of this case. The audit was not completed because the debtor did not respond to the auditors requests for information. Filed by ***** (Entered: 11/16/2010)

I guess my concern is does this mean good (that the Audit no close flag is gone) or...something is coming (the statement on the docket seems a little disconcerting)

Thanks - maybe I wasn't clear in my post....i am so nervous...

Comment

28.U.S.C. 586(f)(1), this is a random audit, conducted by an outside accounting firm, CPA, lawyer, contracted by the UST

(could also mean you were 'outside statistical norms' and this triggered the audit.)

Hope you get through this OK,

Tom in Colo
          Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Heard from the lawyer. He doesn't think this is any big deal and not sure what it's about. He said he'd call them and find out what document they are missing. We never and he never got notice of this issue prior to seeing it on pacer. I am praying....once again - that he is not just a fast talker lol. It's so hard being in the passenger seat on this thing I feel i have so little control over.

thanks for your support and advice.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X