How to handle this - need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to handle this - need help

I have been trying to clean up both my daughter's credit reports (I have PofA). My Bank of America account and Citibank account are listed on their reports. I've settled these accounts; however, they were listed as joint. They were never joint, only authorized users and that was 10 years ago.

I submitted disputes to the credit agencies and they came back as information verified. Just HOW do they investigate disputes?

If I write to both Bank of A and Citibank and ask for copy of application with their name, would this help? I remember putting them on as authorized users via telephone a decade ago.

If they cannot produce the application with their name, is that reason to have them delete the account from their reports?

hope someone can help me... i really appreciate for the response

Comment

I would certainly contact both companies and ask for a copy of their records, especially since both came back as "verified" when you disputed the lines. Sometimes just starting the inquiry with the companies (instead of the credit reporting agencies) gets them to look a bit deeper at the files. Good luck.
      Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
      I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

You were "verified", and that's pretty much all you're going to get from them. They are not going to go pull applications or send you anything. They are just going to respond to the CRA that your account was "verified".

Now "if" they file suit, then you can insist on them coming up with more info. But for now, you are pretty much stuck.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Hi Freefinder,

My experience is to be persistent, the knee-jerk reaction is No, but if you keep at it they eventually change it. Find a new angle to ask them about each time, use letters. Might take awhile, but you can eventually get it done.

Tom in Colo
          Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

THank you guys

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X